Question I keep getting 2 BSOD bugchecks

Sep 5, 2020
Hello, for the past 4 months i've been trying to fix 2 BSOD bugchecks but unfortunately i couldn't, the thing is that the BSOD happen rarely (sometimes it takes a month to get one) and the dump file doesn't show what's the cause, i tried many ways to fix them but none has worked.

The first bugcheck is: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
The second bugcheck is: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

Dump files link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6muyx6xa5tnvd36/AABfcPjXVZb8CaQcr-KpboDTa?dl=0

The PC i bought is pre-built (i was really busy that time and didn't have have time to build my own PC), i didn't get any BSOD after i bought my PC for like 2 months, and the first time i got one it was 3 weeks after i installed an additional 8GB ram. i always thought my RAM was the issue of the BSODS until i tried using each one of the RAMs, and yet a still got a BSOD even when only using the old ram / only using the new ram, so could it be that the issue is not related to the RAM?

Other things i tried:
  • Doing Memtest86 (no errors on both RAMs)
  • Stress-testing my CPU and GPU (no BSODs occurred during the tests, also no overheating, the temps were fine)
  • Using Windows Reset feature
  • Updating BIOS
  • Updating drivers
  • Keeping my OS updated
Things i haven't tried yet:
  • Fresh Windows 10 install
  • Use Safe Mode (i think i cannot try this because the BSODs are rare and can take like a month to occur, i don't think i can use the Safe Mode for a whole month)
PC specs:
  • CPU: i5-9400F
  • Motherboard: GigaByte H310M H 2.0
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
  • SSD: SPCC Solid State Disk (SSD)
  • HDD: 500GB HDD and a 1TB HDD
  • PSU: Don't remember the name of the brand really but the wattage is about 450w
I'm still not sure if the cause is the OS/drivers or the hardwares, it's most likely the hardwares, but i don't know which hardware that could be the cause, can you guys help me rule out parts that are not the cause? can i rule out the GPU and RAMs? maybe CPU too? because stress-testing didn't cause any errors plus if it was the CPU being faulty the BSODs should happen more frequently (note that my CPU is not overclockable). Could it be the PSU? the brand of my psu is almost unheard of (azzatek), could it be that their PSUs are faulty and that's the cause?

Do you guys suggest me to do a clean install first before trying anything like replacing parts? Do you have an idea why the BSODs tend to be rare?

How can i fix these two BSODs?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
  1. The 1st error, MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION , related to the hardware.
  2. The 2nd one related to the outdated device drivers, low hard disk space, or corrupted Windows etc.

Recommend to use the HDD to install the OS, like the 500GB one. And you will know the SSD has problem or not.

And try other PSU or other low powerful GPU, because if you has a good brand 450W PSU, you can ues it with the 1660 super. If the PSU is not good enough, you will got the problem.

Also did you have other device(s)? like the gaming USB/keyboard, Xbox, sound card.

Sep 5, 2020
And try other PSU or other low powerful GPU, because if you has a good brand 450W PSU, you can ues it with the 1660 super. If the PSU is not good enough, you will got the problem.
Just checked my PSU, turns out it's 550w but I don't think I trust the company enough because I never heard of them, so the wattage could be lower than 550w. Here's the PSU link: http://www.azzatek.com/m/2010-1275-313765.php?Lang=en

But the BSODs usually happen when the CPU/GPU is not under full load.

Also yeah I started using a new gaming USB keyboard the same day I bought the additional RAM.

I really wanna rule out the GPU/CPU since they are expensive, do you think they could be the cause? Imo I don't think so because if one of them were faulty the BSODs should happen more often, right?

I'm considering a clean install, is there a possibility that it will fix the machine check exception error? Or are you 100% sure that the error is related to the hardware?

Also one thing I noticed is that the STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error usually happen a day or two after the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error... Could this mean they are related to each other?

Also yeah I started using a new gaming USB keyboard the same day I bought the additional RAM.
When you mixed the RAM, you may or may not get the compatibility problem too. Try to remove the new RAM, just use the old set RAM.

Or are you 100% sure that the error is related to the hardware?
For the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, yes, it related to hardware problem, but nobody will know which hardware until you test.

If you got the problem after use the new gaming USB keyboard and new RAM, try to 1) remove the new RAM, use the old RAM only, if you still have the same problem, then 2) use other mouse /keyboard.

Does the new mouse /keyboard need driver or not?

Sep 5, 2020
The new keyboard doesn't need a driver.

However my first machine check exception error happened two weeks after I started using a new USB headset that required a driver. But I can avoid using the driver by connecting my headset using a the jack connectors instead of USB, so it can work without drivers as well.

The driver it required is: CMUAC.sys , not sure but when I looked at the official driver website they say it doesn't support Windows 10, though I'm not sure if they are referring to that driver.

Please note that a STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error happened before I even bought the headset.

But here's my question, if the BSODs are caused by drivers why the dump file doesn't have any useful info about the cause? Won't it indicate that driver x was the cause?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020
Actually, let me make it easier for you to help me, i will show you the timeline of the errors and new devices/parts i added since i bought my pc.

• 22 february: Bought the PC, added an additional 500GB HDD (took it from my old pc)
  • 6 april: Installed an additional 8GB RAM, started using a keyboard that doesn't need any drivers

• 27 april: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD occurred
  • 21 may: Bought the USB headset that required a driver that might be incompatible with Windows 10
  • 2 june: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD occurred
  • 11 june: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD occurred
from 11 june to 22 june: one or two BSODs happened during this period. i'm sure they were the same bugchecks i got before.
  • 22 june: I decided to use the Windows reset feature.
  • 2 august: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD occurred
  • 3 august: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD occurred
  • 9 august: Removed the new RAM i added
  • 9 august (hours after i removed the new RAM): MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD occurred
  • 12 august: Updated my BIOS
  • 12 august: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
  • 16 august: Installed/updated drivers from my motherboard's website page
  • 1 september: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD occurred
  • 1 september: Switched the old RAM with the new RAM i removed before
  • 5 september: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION occurred
  • 5 september: added back my old ram so i'm using two RAMs again
  • 5 september: removed the 500GB HDD i added when i bought the PC

Sep 5, 2020
I got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD today after not getting any BSODs for 2 months.

But i think this one is different, is says the process_name is EpicGamesLauncher.exe

JnH6y8i.png

Dumpfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x09kbi6wbb6ucf9/111120-11234-01.dmp?dl=0

Help is appreciated.