[SOLVED] I keep getting a blue screen

ferguson1951

Honorable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello.
I have this old Asus F5VL that I am trying to repair because I am practicing hardware repair.
I keep getting the blue screen that prevents me from accessing Windows.
The RAMs are OK, I tested them, and the HDD too (Ithink, because it always worked).
I tried all the various solutions I found in the Net with no success.
I am hoping you can help me.
Thanks a lot and best regards

Solution
I get an error that Windows needs to be recovered. I tried reinstalling Windows or launching the recovery tool but nothing happened.
I have Windows 10 and the HDD should be OK because I took it off a computer that was running well.
My next question is, did you format the HDD before installing it into the system? Reason being is that the system it was in would have different drivers and Windows is seeing those drivers and believing they belong with the new hardware.. This will cause BSOD to occur.
If you are not seeing an error message when the system is crashing, then you should follow the below directions. Under the Startup and Recovery dialog, you should also uncheck "Automatically Restart". This will halt the system on...

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
What error is showing for the BSOD?
What are the system spects?
Do you have another computer you can install the HDD into to verify it’s working correctly?

ferguson1951

Honorable
Feb 19, 2017
I get an error that Windows needs to be recovered. I tried reinstalling Windows or launching the recovery tool but nothing happened.
I have Windows 10 and the HDD should be OK because I took it off a computer that was running well.

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
My next question is, did you format the HDD before installing it into the system? Reason being is that the system it was in would have different drivers and Windows is seeing those drivers and believing they belong with the new hardware.. This will cause BSOD to occur.
If you are not seeing an error message when the system is crashing, then you should follow the below directions. Under the Startup and Recovery dialog, you should also uncheck "Automatically Restart". This will halt the system on the BSOD so you can at least see what error is being populated by Windows. Once that is known, it can help detect what is happening. If further information is needed, then it will be available in the Dump file that is being created after you follow the instructions.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-generate-a-complete-memory-dump-on-windows-10-1590.html

Solution

TRENDING THREADS