I keep getting a "load Drive" error when installing windows 7

dude807

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
So today i received a new hard drive in the mail. I took my old hard drive out and put the new one in. I had to take the motherboard power cable out and two ram sticks to take the hdd out. When i put the new one in i put everything back together the way it was.

I tried installing windows from a system image on a external hardrive but i didnt know how. Then i took my windows 7 home premium disk and ran it. Then i kept getting this error " no device drivers were found. MAke sure that installation media contains the drivers and then click ok." Could someone tell me how to install windows from a external hard drive or get past this error? Please?
Thanks for the input!

Solution
Download a legitimate new iso image of the exact same version from HERE, the MS online authorized distributor -- make sure to get the correct x86 (32 bit) or x64. Use that image to make the USB tool. A system image is not the same as an iso image of the installer disk.

dude807

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013

Okay I'll try that, but now I'm running into another issue. I deleted my windows image because I thought it might have been corrupted or failed, so now I hooked up my old drive again and am attempting to reinstall it, but it doesn't seem to be moving. It only took an hour to back up my computer and system image before, but it's been 45 minutes without any progress on creating another system image.

RealBeast

Titan
Download a legitimate new iso image of the exact same version from HERE, the MS online authorized distributor -- make sure to get the correct x86 (32 bit) or x64. Use that image to make the USB tool. A system image is not the same as an iso image of the installer disk.

Solution