Question I keep getting BSOD when I play games

dalibor19901

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
I keep getting BSOD whenever I play games. Be it newer games, older games, no matter how heavy or light. What I find strange is that it's not absolutely every time, at least not when I run older games. I could play a match or two of Age of Mythology without a problem, only to have the 3rd one crash. Anything heavier than that, like league of Legends, crashes every time. Sometimes I don't even get the blue screen. Everything stops and I have to hit the reboot button on the case. Other than that, PC runs normally and quietly. The Event Viewer doesn't help me much because I'm really not understanding any of that stuff. And if it's anything about temperatures, I don't know how to measure that when BSOD gets in the way. I just wish to know the exact cause before I replace anything (if such a thing is even needed).

Processor: AMD A6 - 3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM: 8,00 GB (7,73 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

dalibor19901

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvXXU9WKzd_jgn2CrIRa9AHob_BV?e=1QHiSK
Here is the latest dump file. I ran a torture test with Prime95. Everything froze after 15 minutes, but in Safe Mode it ran for hours and nothing froze. But games, however, freeze no matter what mode.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvXXU9WKzd_jgn2CrIRa9AHob_BV?e=1QHiSK
Here is the latest dump file. I ran a torture test with Prime95. Everything froze after 15 minutes, but in Safe Mode it ran for hours and nothing froze. But games, however, freeze no matter what mode.

cpu core timed out trying to talk to a second cpu core.
basically you were running a game TS4_x64.exe
windows memory manager was trying to free up some data in ram so it could be mapped to your pagefile.sys and it could not find the data.
this could be caused by the cpu making a error and not detecting it or a corruption of the data in memory.
basically one cpu core was waiting for the other cpu core to finish and it did not within the time out (40 clock ticks) so windows figured the cpu was hung and called a bugcheck.

you got to find out why the memory was corrupted. only way to know what is running on the second core is to look at a kernel memory dump. The minidump does not have the data stored in it.

cpu
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Update Status = REG_DWORD 3
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

running at
~MHz = REG_DWORD 2096
motherboard:
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASRock
BaseBoardProduct = A55M-HVS
BiosVersion = P1.20
BiosReleaseDate = 11/02/2011

remove this driver:
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
and this driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\000.fcl Fri Sep 26 06:11:22 2008

you can use this tool to remove the drivers :
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
you can uncheck the driver name so it will not load or just delete the entry so you don't get any errors in the boot up log.

You also have a issue with your bios, you should look to see if you can get an update for your motherboard.
you have a bios that is too old for the generic microsoft drivers that are running. look for a bios that is newer than 4/1/2012 to make your usb 2.x work correctly and after 3/1/2013 to make usb 3.0 work correctly (if you have usb 3)
not really a big deal as it just tends to throw a bunch of errors on the USB that are only reported in internal logs (but it can be a lot of errors a second)

this could also just be a cooling issue, so you might want to blow out the dust from the system cpu and gpu fans.
a safe boot would not have the overclock drivers installed which could cause type of problem as the cpu gets warm.
also the overclock software will use a table that is stored in the bios for tweaking voltages a bios from 2011 will not have the corrected values that a overclock driver from 2014 would need. best to update the bios and remove the old overclock driver then retest.

dalibor19901

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
cpu core timed out trying to talk to a second cpu core.
basically you were running a game TS4_x64.exe
windows memory manager was trying to free up some data in ram so it could be mapped to your pagefile.sys and it could not find the data.
this could be caused by the cpu making a error and not detecting it or a corruption of the data in memory.
basically one cpu core was waiting for the other cpu core to finish and it did not within the time out (40 clock ticks) so windows figured the cpu was hung and called a bugcheck.

you got to find out why the memory was corrupted. only way to know what is running on the second core is to look at a kernel memory dump. The minidump does not have the data stored in it.

cpu
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Update Status = REG_DWORD 3
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

running at
~MHz = REG_DWORD 2096
motherboard:
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASRock
BaseBoardProduct = A55M-HVS
BiosVersion = P1.20
BiosReleaseDate = 11/02/2011

remove this driver:
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014
and this driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\000.fcl Fri Sep 26 06:11:22 2008

you can use this tool to remove the drivers :
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
you can uncheck the driver name so it will not load or just delete the entry so you don't get any errors in the boot up log.

You also have a issue with your bios, you should look to see if you can get an update for your motherboard.
you have a bios that is too old for the generic microsoft drivers that are running. look for a bios that is newer than 4/1/2012 to make your usb 2.x work correctly and after 3/1/2013 to make usb 3.0 work correctly (if you have usb 3)
not really a big deal as it just tends to throw a bunch of errors on the USB that are only reported in internal logs (but it can be a lot of errors a second)

this could also just be a cooling issue, so you might want to blow out the dust from the system cpu and gpu fans.
a safe boot would not have the overclock drivers installed which could cause type of problem as the cpu gets warm.
also the overclock software will use a table that is stored in the bios for tweaking voltages a bios from 2011 will not have the corrected values that a overclock driver from 2014 would need. best to update the bios and remove the old overclock driver then retest.
The drivers are removed.
Where can I find the kernel memory dump? It is already enabled, I just have no idea where to look for it.
About BIOS update, I went to find one on my motherboard's page and there are only 2012 ones available for download. Should I get one of those or search further or what?

The drivers are removed.
Where can I find the kernel memory dump? It is already enabled, I just have no idea where to look for it.
About BIOS update, I went to find one on my motherboard's page and there are only 2012 ones available for download. Should I get one of those or search further or what?
windows memory dumps are at a user specified location but the default is c:\windows\memory.dmp

you should use the latest bios that you can get for your motherboard. generally, they are updated for about 3 years after the motherboard comes out. Sometimes for 5 years for some versions.

dalibor19901

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
windows memory dumps are at a user specified location but the default is c:\windows\memory.dmp

you should use the latest bios that you can get for your motherboard. generally, they are updated for about 3 years after the motherboard comes out. Sometimes for 5 years for some versions.

I cannot find that memory dump at all, i don't think I have it. I have a file from June called MEMORY.dmp in a different folder, not sure what that is.
And about BIOS, like I said, my motherboard manufacturer only offers BIOS versions from 2012, which I already have.