[SOLVED] I keep getting d3d error on newly installed and 7450 I've installed reinstalled all old gpu using dud redone all vcred I'm completely lost on what to

Solution
That's really not a lot of info to go on, but given the HD7450 is only about as fast as the very first DX9 card from 2002 (19 years ago) and slower than a Sandy-Bridge era IGP, I am going to assume you are trying to play some old games in Windows 10.

One problem is that while Windows 10 includes all of the DX9 dll files, old games may not know where to find them. In the early days of Windows 10 you used to be able to just copy them directly from /Windows/System32 right into the game directory but Microsoft have now gone and hidden those from view.

If you could include some more details then someone here may have a specific answer, or let you know if your other hardware is suitable for a retrogaming system
That's really not a lot of info to go on, but given the HD7450 is only about as fast as the very first DX9 card from 2002 (19 years ago) and slower than a Sandy-Bridge era IGP, I am going to assume you are trying to play some old games in Windows 10.

One problem is that while Windows 10 includes all of the DX9 dll files, old games may not know where to find them. In the early days of Windows 10 you used to be able to just copy them directly from /Windows/System32 right into the game directory but Microsoft have now gone and hidden those from view.

If you could include some more details then someone here may have a specific answer, or let you know if your other hardware is suitable for a retrogaming system

Solution
Apr 22, 2021
Ok I bought this radeon 7450 card from walmart three days ago its supposed to be 2gb it is suppose to be better than my intel chipboard gpu but if your statement is correct then I'm better off using my regular gpu for new games the card claims dx11 and it's suppose to be able to handle two displays and run gta faster than my chipboard graphics. But all it does is load up play the game for a few seconds then d3d unit error

Apr 22, 2021

Ok I bought this radeon 7450 card from walmart three days ago its supposed to be 2gb it is suppose to be better than my intel chipboard gpu but if your statement is correct then I'm better off using my regular gpu for new games the card claims dx11 and it's suppose to be able to handle two displays and run gta faster than my chipboard graphics. But all it does is load up play the game for a few seconds then d3d unit error

Apr 22, 2021
D3d init error

Yep, that's the card! Introduced in 2012 and driver support ended in 2015 so whatever driver was available then is all you will ever get and "as-is" with no more bugfixes ever. Technically these are DX11 "feature level 10_1" so lack DX11 specific instructions, plus the card in that ad claims 600MHz memory (reference cards were 533 or 800) so at 64-bits wide that's only 9.6GB/s while any CPU that you can fit into that machine can have its IGP use 128-bit DDR3-1600 which is 25.6GB/s.

So you have bought a card from 2012 to put into your system from 2012 that would actually be slower than its integrated graphics, if you could get it to work. The purpose of such cards was to put into older systems like Core 2, A64 or Xeon that lack an IGP and need the cheapest possible display adapter, not to put into a then brand new system. Even back then these were not for playing games but just to show you the desktop. Old GTA:SA would be unpleasant on such a slow GPU but GTA III or GTA:VC might be OK.

nVidia's equivalent card is the GT710 which came out in 2016 and could be considered better, at least for playing games because it's still getting regular driver updates today and is true DX11.0 (originally nVidia advertised Kepler as DX11.1 but it's NOT compliant, drivers are now DX12 feature level 11_0). Even nVidia considers it so embarasssingly old that they've finally announced the GT1010 to replace it (presumably it'll just be their laptop MX230 but for desktops)

For the intended use of these cards as minimalist, very low power-consumption display adapters in servers running 24/7, the lack of newer drivers can actually be seen as an advantage because that way WindowsUpdate can never send a newer driver and force an outage-causing reboot

Fortunately Walmart is very good about accepting returns, just bring it in to a store.

Apr 22, 2021
Yep, that's the card! Introduced in 2012 and driver support ended in 2015 so whatever driver was available then is all you will ever get and "as-is" with no more bugfixes ever. Technically these are DX11 "feature level 10_1" so lack DX11 specific instructions, plus the card in that ad claims 600MHz memory (reference cards were 533 or 800) so at 64-bits wide that's only 9.6GB/s while any CPU that you can fit into that machine can have its IGP use 128-bit DDR3-1600 which is 25.6GB/s.

So you have bought a card from 2012 to put into your system from 2012 that would actually be slower than its integrated graphics, if you could get it to work. The purpose of such cards was to put into older systems like Core 2, A64 or Xeon that lack an IGP and need the cheapest possible display adapter, not to put into a then brand new system. Even back then these were not for playing games but just to show you the desktop. Old GTA:SA would be unpleasant on such a slow GPU but GTA III or GTA:VC might be OK.

nVidia's equivalent card is the GT710 which came out in 2016 and could be considered better, at least for playing games because it's still getting regular driver updates today and is true DX11.0 (originally nVidia advertised Kepler as DX11.1 but it's NOT compliant, drivers are now DX12 feature level 11_0). Even nVidia considers it so embarasssingly old that they've finally announced the GT1010 to replace it (presumably it'll just be their laptop MX230 but for desktops)

For the intended use of these cards as minimalist, very low power-consumption display adapters in servers running 24/7, the lack of newer drivers can actually be seen as an advantage because that way WindowsUpdate can never send a newer driver and force an outage-causing reboot

Fortunately Walmart is very good about accepting returns, just bring it in to a store.
Cool thanks I'm new to the gpu section of it all any suggestion on a gpu card for this pc so I could play newer games without changing the power supply

Apr 22, 2021

Right now perhaps a GT1030 GDDR5 if you can find one for less than $20-30 over MSRP (which was $70 in 2017)

It's a pretty bad time to buy a GPU right now, but at the very low end 720p cards like this often aren't too overpriced because they are no good for mining.
Thanks man I appreciate your feed back so ATM gt1030 thx again