Question I keep getting disconnected every hour or so. I'm connected via ethernet cable

May 30, 2019
I've been having this problem where every hour or so I keep getting disconnected. Windows does not show that there is any problem, but there are many times where I am playing a video game, or surfing the internet where I get a connection error. At first, I thought it was an issue with the router or a splitter, but I moved to another city and the issue is still happening (It is still the same ISP though).Tracer routes show sudden spikes. Furthermore, I keep getting the event ID 1003 in event viewer that reads "Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network" This is what I have already tried:

• Update network driver
  • Flushed DNS
  • Changed to Google DNS
  • Disabled IPv6
Specs:
  • Mobo: Intel B360
  • Network card: Realtek PCIe GbE
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Not sure why your PC would not be able to renew it IP address and why it would happen so often. DHCP is a function in your router most are set to allow ip addresses to used for at least a full day without being renewed. This could be something with your pc or your router.

The lazy solution is to just use a static ip on your pc and ignore the DHCP problems.

May 30, 2019
I just changed the interval to one day. Not sure if my ISP will allow the change though. I'll wait and see if there is any change.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS