Question I keep getting disconnected every hour or so. I'm connected via ethernet cable

May 30, 2019
I've been having this problem where every hour or so I keep getting disconnected. Windows does not show that there is any problem, but there are many times where I am playing a video game, or surfing the internet where I get a connection error. At first, I thought it was an issue with the router or a splitter, but I moved to another city and the issue is still happening (It is still the same ISP though).Tracer routes show sudden spikes. Furthermore, I keep getting the event ID 1003 in event viewer that reads "Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network" This is what I have already tried:

• Update network driver
  • Flushed DNS
  • Changed to Google DNS
  • Disabled IPv6
Specs:
  • Mobo: Intel B360
  • Network card: Realtek PCIe GbE
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Not sure why your PC would not be able to renew it IP address and why it would happen so often. DHCP is a function in your router most are set to allow ip addresses to used for at least a full day without being renewed. This could be something with your pc or your router.

The lazy solution is to just use a static ip on your pc and ignore the DHCP problems.