I Keep Getting This Login Error

X79

Honorable
Hello

Whenever I try sign in, I get an all-white screen with this at the top:

{"success":true,"errors":[],"sfAction":"signin","ssoBeaconUrl":"http:\/\/sso-en.bestofmedia.com\/account\/setcookie?sessionId=f7

Lots of numbers and userid attached too normally, but I didn't include it.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Did this just start happening for you? Do you usually sign in with social sign-in (Google, Facebook, etc)? Is javascript enabled in your browser settings? What browser are you using?

Thanks in advance for helping with more details on this. We'll hopefully figure out what's going on for you and get it resolved.

X79

Honorable
It has been happening ever since I signed up.

Truth be told, I'm not too surprised, but I'm posting it because perhaps

it can be sorted out somehow. It's because I'm using the FireFox browser extensions

NoScript and Ghostery. (Also some others, but they don't pertain to websites, except HttpsEverywhere).

Thus things get blocked. However I make sure to allow certain things, but not everything, because I'm not

so fond of the tracking mechanism employed on this website. So to take Ghostery, it blocks this on tomshardware.co.uk:

- eStat

- AT Internet

- Quantcast

- ScoreCard Research

- Google Analytics

- Gigya Socialize

- Google Tag Manager

- NetRatings Site Census

As for NoScript, these things are ALLOWED through:

- bestofmedia.com

- tomshardware.co.uk

- ajax.googleapis.com

I've noticed that when bestofmedia is blocked, no pop-up box appears in order to

let you sign in, when you click the sign in button in the top right corner. Also, no, I don't sign in

through any social media of any kind. Furthermore JavaScript and the placing of 1st and 3rd party cookies

are allowed.

I know that employing such tools can break websites and I don't blame you for it. The extensions constantly improve

to try to only block exactly what's necessary to avoid tracking and maintain website functionality, that I know.

After trying to sign in and getting the above mentioned error, I head to the forums and by then I notice I'm signed in (sometimes).

Other times I go to the forums and then write out a post, as an anonymous user, before signing in through there (required for posting).

This tends to work, kind of. I hope that's enough information for you. I'm sorry if I just added to whatever drudgery you were already

experiencing in your day <3

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Disable those plugins or deactivate them while you are browsing the site here and see if that makes a difference. I'm betting it will. Then you'll be able to narrow down which one is the culprit. I can tell you already that one of those domains (bestofmedia.com) is the company that operates Tom's Hardware, and we could be running a few scripts through that domain.

X79

Honorable
Right. Well thank you :)

Do you know which one might operate the images you use for achievements?

Because the placeholders I see for achievements look very different from the actual achievements.

TRENDING THREADS