Question I keep getting "Windows cannot be installed

Gypsywindrl

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
So here's the poop. I built a desktop computer a short while ago, and I was running windows 10 Pro, but it was an older copy and I was having some issues, silly things like programs freezing, some not opening at all, etc. And since I had a disk for windows 10 pro, I just went ahead and put in a clean install. Everything was working fine, that first day. I had most of my software reinstalled and everything was fine. I went to bed and in the morning Windows would not load. No message, no blue screen of death, notta. I would've rather had the blue screen of death.
So I thought, hey my copy of windows 10 is older, so I downloaded a new version on to a flash drive, since that's all I have on my laptop can handle. (which is where I am coming to live from now)
I went to reinstall the new copy and i got this message "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer BIOS menu"

Now here's what I have:
Tuf Gaming B550-Plus WIFI II
Bios Ver. 0303
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics
Speed 3900M HZ
Memory:16384MB
DDR4 2666Mhz

there are 2 Western Digital Harddrives install , bot have the same issues, since the 1T was used for storage for my laptop and computer, and the 4T is the one installed in the computer.
I've tweaked about in the BIOS and I'm not sure if I did something in there to mess stuff up, since I don't ever go in there unless I'm check temps or fans and Boot order.

So any help/suggestions would be great, since my next move is to buy another hard drive.
I'm not going to list everything I tried, since I want to rehash anything and everything if I have to.

I went to reinstall the new copy and i got this message "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer BIOS menu"
Have a single drive connected while installing windows (physically disconnect al the other drives).
Clear the drive using diskpart clean before windows install (press Shift+F10 to open command prompt during install). This removes all data from it, so make backups before that.

diskpart-clean-vs-clean-all-3.png

Gypsywindrl

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Have a single drive connected while installing windows (physically disconnect al the other drives).
Clear the drive using diskpart clean before windows install (press Shift+F10 to open command prompt during install). This removes all data from it, so make backups before that.

diskpart-clean-vs-clean-all-3.png
Thank you for the fast reply.
However, I did that many, many times.
Standing on my head, while singing We all Live in a Yellow Submarine.
I still get the same message.

Gypsywindrl

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Have you tried resetting the BIOS settings to their defaults just by happen stance? Did you change where the drives were plugged in on the motherboard, etc at all?

I reset the defaults in the BIOS and got same old same old.
I changed where the drives were plugged in and, as of, installing the second, smaller drive, and it's only one connected. And it was never installed in the desk top, I used it as a external drive for my laptop. And it's been cleaned several times since being connected.