Question I keep losing connection.

dalynparkercoffey

Commendable
Jul 14, 2018
When i am playing games or talking in discord, I have these random moments when my ping will jump from 30 all the way to like 400. Everything will freeze up and then in about 6 seconds everything returns back to normal like nothing happened. I am using the netgear nighthawk ac1900 for a wifi connection. In the bottom right I am constantly on 4 bars, even when going through a big lag spike. I just really want to know what i need to do to fix this. Would this be a problem with my router or my wifi adapter. My router is the Linksys WRT1900ACS. I have had both for maybe 1 and a half years now. The problem only recently popped up about 1-2 months ago, but i thought maybe it would fix itself. I am getting tired of this. I have tried both the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz connections and both do it. Any suggestions?

dalynparkercoffey

Commendable
Jul 14, 2018
Also, with where my room is in correlation to my router it would be pretty tough to get a ethernet cable ran to my room. Wouldn't really be worth the effort either with me leaving the house in a couple of months.