I keep losing my drives.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
I have 3 discs on my pc.2 ssds and one hdd.First ssd is for the OS second ssd for games and third hdd for storage.My operating system is win7 SP1.This usually happens when i install a game from my HDD to my SSD.The game will crash and when i go to "my computer" i cant see my hdd and ssd.Even in BIOS.It usually all come back after multiple restarts.I did a chkdsk on all discs and they are fine.Also crystaldiscinfo shows that all are ok.Iam on AHCI mode.Its a very weird problem.Any help woud be appreciated.( I forgot to mention that i get an "IsDone.dll error" before this happens.)

beerlord

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
I have a similar problem with one of my additional drives but this seems to only happen after it wakes from sleep mode. Nothing will show it again unless I reboot. The drive has been tested over and over and is showing it is good. I've checked SATA cables etc and see nothing wrong. It's a 5 year old, self built system that until now, has been perfect.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018

Have you checked the "advanced power setiings"?Make sure that the hard drive sleep option is set to "never"

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018

Why should be a power issue?I dont think i need more than 600w for my specs.All worked fine for a year now until these last 2 games ive installed.There are no firmware updates for my drives.Already checked.Something tells me that theres a file (games dll or something) sharing the games SSD and my storage HDD.Some SATA connection-controller bs...Iam not an expert...But my thought goes there.

beerlord

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
No changes were made by me or itself to the advanced power settings. Everything is as it should be. This doesn't happen each time but maybe once every 2-3 days.

Could you explain the meaning of this statement

"This usually happens when i install a game from my HDD to my SSD."

How are you installing from the HDD storage drive to the SSD games drive. ? No can do ! Do you mean moving a game around ?

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
I reconnected it again in a different sata slot with a new cable and now it works again...Go figure.My guess is that it will create problem again sooner or later so i better get ready for a new drive.Reason i reply to my own question is to help people that might bump into the same prob XD.

TRENDING THREADS