Question I keep or change my memory ram

May 15, 2019
I bought 2x8 Hyperx Fury 2400Mhz but the chips are Nanya Technology. I can not raise the clock more than 2666. My Cpu is a Ryzen 2700.

May 15, 2019
I believe Nanya manufacturer the DRAM for Kingston.

Why are you trying to get 2666 out of 2400 RAM?
Increasing the RAM above it's manufactured speed is more likely to create instability, especially without the appropriate voltage.
My idea was to buy 2400 to save money and OC her to 3200.
On the internet there are some videos Hyperx Fury 2400 stable OC to 3200, but the chips should not be Nanya, because with this chip I cannot pass 2666

And you cannot buy 3200-rated RAM because.....?

You've already spent money on RAM you can't clock high enough and, if you can't return the RAM for a full refund, you'll be spending more money on additional RAM.

How much money will you ultimately spend before you have exceeded the cost of just buying the correct specification RAM in the first place?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
On the internet there are some videos Hyperx Fury 2400 stable OC to 3200
Take internet videos lightly, they have completely different circumstances, don't always show the truth and ultimately, every single component is different. Some will OC very well, some won't - and it will also depend on your other components.

I apologise, but I'm not following why Nanya are part of this, I believe they manufacture the DRAM for most Kingston modules.

But you might just be reaching the peak that your modules can handle in relation to the rest of your build.

I can understand it must be frustrating though.
Are you increasing voltages accordingly?

May 15, 2019
Take internet videos lightly, they have completely different circumstances, don't always show the truth and ultimately, every single component is different. Some will OC very well, some won't. I apologise, but I'm not following why Nanya are part of this, I believe they manufacture the DRAM for most Kingston modules.

But you might just be reaching the peak that your modules can handle in relation to the rest of your build.

I can understand it must be frustrating though.
Are you increasing voltages accordingly?
Yes, I spent 6 hours trying to up any frequency above 2666, but it is not stable. I see reports that OC with nanya chips do not work very well, I did not know that my hyperx would be nanya.