[SOLVED] I know I did this wrong - help me anyway :-) (and a 12 year old kid)

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
I will try to make this short.

Some time ago I gave a now 2 year old rig to my son. He is now 12 and really getting into gaming. Among his friends bling and LED is what gives credit when talking about rigs.
So...the kid saved from his allowance for 6 months to have money for a Corsair Crystal 570X. And now bought it because his stupid dad ( thats me) had promised to migrate his system to the new case. Despite knowing that Corsair and their ¤#%#%"#¤ proprietary fan and led connectors combined with 3 x Cooler master fans, and a mobo with 1 (one) sys fan header and no rgb headers spells headache.
Anyway, migrated the system. LED part works. The LED on the 3 Corsair fans is controlled by the on-case controller. The 3 Cooler master fans rgb controlled by Cooler master software.
All six fans power cables are plugged into this thing:

http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2017-11/12_7223.shtml

I know that plugging 3x4 pin fans and 3x3 pin fans into the same cotroller and then connect that to the sys fan header spells trouble. Currently what happens is that all fans spin up and run. The 3 Corsair fans (3 pin) that came with the case runs at full speed all the time. 2 of the CM fans runs with what I deem as half speed, and 1 of them at very low speed.
I tried switching the order of the fans in the controller from Deepcool. No change.

The fan header can be seen in the MSI command center (mobo is MSI H110M PRO-VH). But whatever changes I make and then apply doesnt change the fan speed from what I can see.

Any bright ideas on how to get some control over the fan speeds without asking him to save for 6 months for a new mobo?

Solution
You have the fan hub connected to a sata power connector?

try looking into the bios for fan speed controll. Most motherboard have a tool in the bios nowadays. Also see if changing fan controll to DC may help when in the bios if (some) the fans are not pwm.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

try looking into the bios for fan speed controll. Most motherboard have a tool in the bios nowadays. Also see if changing fan controll to DC may help when in the bios if (some) the fans are not pwm.

Solution

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

Hub is sata powered yes. And yes its a mix of pwm and dc fans. Will try and alter bios settings to see if that has any effect.