Question I know, I know... I need a student laptop.

AverageLeo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
1. What is your budget? 700-800$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13-15 inch

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Just for school. Not for gaming or anything.

5. How much battery life do you need? For a full day, I guess, even though I think I can charge mid-class.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? No. But I want it to run smoothly (not graphics-wise).

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Maybe some light coding, mostly office apps and browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not much probably but better more than less. 0.5TB would be sufficient.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Actually, I'll probably buy in a physical store in Israel so the budget is actually 1000$, but equal to 700-800$ in US stores. pepesad

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? SSD. USB port :)

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't give a poop if it's sturdy, reliable, and available in my country.

13. What country do you live in? Israel.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Basically, I need a light laptop, with a good battery, runs smoothly and will last for 4 years.

Thank you, I know many people ask for recommendations and I'll appreciate every comment and suggestion! :kissingheart:

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention your preferred site for purchase. Reason I asked for this info is due to this;
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Actually, I'll probably will be in a physical store in Israel so the budget is actually 1000$, but equal to 700-800$ in US stores.
^ product availability can and will vary pending on region and price can also vary with respect to region(s).

AverageLeo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
You forgot to mention your preferred site for purchase. Reason I asked for this info is due to this;
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Actually, I'll probably will be in a physical store in Israel so the budget is actually 1000$, but equal to 700-800$ in US stores.
^ product availability can and will vary pending on region and price can also vary with respect to region(s).
Yeah, I meant I'll buy in the physical store so you can't know if it's available, so just offer your favorite laptop and I'll do my searching :)

AverageLeo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020

Is this a good laptop for 940$ second-hand?
https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c06575111