I know this is random but

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
I'd like to suscribe to an american PC magazine, there are problaby many but some not as good as others, and since I don't live there it's kinda hard for me to decide. Can someone recommend me a good magazine that focus on PC hardware stuff mostly and maybe a small gaming section? I know this doesn't have to do anythin directly with CPUs but I didn't know where to post it =/
Thanks!

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Sweet! that's exactly what I need, gaming hardware! I'll look for them, I hope they gave international shipping lol :D

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Woot, they do have Int. shipping ^^ 'Maximun PC, minimal BS' lol! I like this magazine, but I'd like to have more to choose from :p thanks a lot Prozac

G

http://www.8dimensional.com/ has video card, gameing and other news for free. Its not very much but i like it. :)

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Thanks for that link but I can get reviews of stuff with tomshardware and anandtech. I'm looking at magazines now. Anyone else has something to say?

mpjesse

Splendid
I have something to say. :)

I've found that PC magazine's are usually inferior to enthusiast sites like this one. Magazines generally take about 20 days to publish; so their reviews are often outdated. Also, i've noticed they aren't very comparitive or thorough. They'll often benchmark a new product, but they hardly ever stack it up against a slew of competitors.

IMO magazines are for people just getting into computers. That being said I have nothing against magazines (i used to subscribe to them years ago when i was just starting out), but now I find them... too simple.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

-mpjesse

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I subscribe to CPU magazine. I enjoy reading all the articles in them. Sometimes they put some neat stuff in them also i can reference back to them later.

Just my 2 cents 8)

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
I understand your point, and yes, they might be a bit outdated and the reviews may be a little 'weak' or 'simple' for people like you, who already have years working with comps. But I'm rather new to it, so I'd say it's a good start to suscribe to a magazine for now. I mean, I couldn't solve any of the questions/problems people ask here and you guys give solutions to.