Question I lose video and cpu fan stops spinning.

Jan 1, 2020
Randomly today my pc lost video connection and the cpu fan would stop spinning. All lights in the case, motherboard, an gpu fans were still going, and case fans still worked. Only the cpu fan stopped an I lost video. I've tried reinstalling windows but during installation the problem would happen. I can make it into the bios no problem and it shows cpu temp is 32°C with stock cooler. Tried a different gpu that still didnt help either. I'm completely lost for once on this.

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600x
Msi RX 5700 XT Mech
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz ram
Aorus X570 Elite Wifi
Corsair 750w 80plus bronze
NZXT case with light controller inside
256gb Nvme.2 ssd
128gb ssd
500gb hard drive
2tb hard drive
4 case fans dont remember the size

Last edited:
Randomly today my pc lost video connection and the cpu fan would stop spinning. All lights in the case, motherboard, an gpu fans were still going, and case fans still worked. Only the cpu fan stopped an I lost video. I've tried reinstalling windows but during installation the problem would happen. I can make it into the bios no problem and it shows cpu temp is 32°C with stock cooler. Tried a different gpu that still didnt help either. I'm completely lost for once on this.

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600x
Msi RX 5700 XT Mech
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz ram
Aorus X570 Elite Wifi
Corsair 750w 80plus bronze
NZXT case with light controller inside
256gb Nvme.2 sad
128gb ssd
500gb hard drive
2tb hard drive
4 case fans dont remember the size
Possibly a PSU failure. You may need to go buy another to see if it fixes the issue. How old is the PSU?

Jan 1, 2020
Possibly a PSU failure. You may need to go buy another to see if it fixes the issue. How old is the PSU?

PC was built on December 14th of 2019 an I went to microcenter today to get a new psu an ram just in case it was either. Did not fix my issue. Still get to a certain point of windows install an I lose video an cpu fan stops.

PC was built on December 14th of 2019 an I went to microcenter today to get a new psu an ram just in case it was either. Did not fix my issue. Still get to a certain point of windows install an I lose video an cpu fan stops.
It might possibly be an issue with the GPU or motherboard driver being installed. Do you have an Nvidia GPU to try or older AMD GPU? What GPU did you try as an alternative? You may have to slipstream a different driver version into the windows 10 install media.

Jan 1, 2020
It might possibly be an issue with the GPU or motherboard driver being installed. Do you have an Nvidia GPU to try or older AMD GPU? What GPU did you try as an alternative? You may have to slipstream a different driver version into the windows 10 install media.
I tried a nvidia gtx 750 that was around. I could try another gpu tomorrow a newer one 2089 ti. An have no clue how to slipstream drivers into windows 10 install media.

I tried a nvidia gtx 750 that was around. I could try another gpu tomorrow a newer one 2089 ti. An have no clue how to slipstream drivers into windows 10 install media.
Another possibility is you might be shocking the system with static discharges if the case is on a carpet or not properly grounded at the power plug. Move it on to wood and keep the cables from touching carpet. Dry rooms and carpet are a bad mix for computers not properly grounded.

Jan 1, 2020
Another possibility is you might be shocking the system with static discharges if the case is on a carpet or not properly grounded at the power plug. Move it on to wood and keep the cables from touching carpet. Dry rooms and carpet are a bad mix for computers not properly grounded.
I appreciate the suggestions. I actually have my tower on my desk so it's off the carpet an I can try different plugs just to try