Question I lose Wifi when my phone is on my desk

Mar 11, 2021
Hi there! I've come to post this thread because of a super annoying issue I've had over the past 2 weeks or so. Whenever I have my phone near my desk, which is in the back of my room, stuff starts refusing to load. When I try to use Youtube, it'll work fine, but then It will start buffering endlessly. The same happens with Disney Plus. I've confirmed that nothing is wrong with the phone itself because the Wifi works everywhere else in the house. Just for clarification: I have a Google mesh Wifi system. I'll make a quick sketch of my room and link it here: Room Map. I have the latest Ios version on my phone. My laptop, which is located within a few inches of my phone, works fine with no network issues.

Mar 11, 2021
It's possible that the phone is hogging all the bandwidth while the phone is on the desk...? Also, you might want to go into your router's GUI and see if you're able to assign QoS for devices in your household.
Got it. I'm gonna try that tomorrow morning. I'll post an update after it's done. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: It turns out Google Mesh does not have true QOS features, rather it has a "Priority" feature that can set devices to receive more bandwidth for an hour.