I lost all my critical Cambio W101 V2 drivers and RCA won't help

afsanchez001

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone.

I lost all my critical Cambio W101 V2 drivers and RCA won't help.

I have a desperate need for the Cambio W101 V2 drivers or a Flash Drive Image.

What happened was I installed Advanced System Care 10 from iobit which told me all my drivers were outdated on my new RCA Cambio tablet. So I allowed iobit to "update" my tablet. And as a result all my critical drivers are all GONE now.

No camera, the screen is locked to portrait mode, no audio, everything is gone and the email address from RCA for support returns as No Longer Working.

Just a note: user "ktuluslav" says he has a Flash Image but he is now missing from the forums and the thread he was on is now closed. :??:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks. :)

bfutrell70

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

I copied the contents of the "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" folder on my Cambio W101 V2 before I wiped it. When installing devices that didn't have drivers I pointed Windows to that folder and it found everything except the graphics driver. Without the graphics driver the display would not power off completely and the brightness controls didn't work. I found the graphics driver on Intel's site, installed it and the brightness controls worked and the screen powered off completely when requested.

From one of the other threads regarding this lovely tablet there was a link for driver downloads for v1 and v2 of the tablet. Those have been downloaded but so far haven't been of much use to me.

Since I'm still having some issues with the tablet even after getting all of the drivers installed I found a cheap working W101 V2 with a cracked digitizer on Ebay that was restored to factory settings. I'm planning to make a recovery flash drive and try to use that on my tablet.

Send me a PM and I'll send a link to the drivers.

Pablo_18

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Can you please send them to me? for some reason I cant pm you, please if you can share them with me, at pablo11cifuentes@gmail.com

Lara_6

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hello there has been something about the solution of this problem, I was looking like crazy a solution and I could not find any, if anyone knows anything I could send it to <frederickratinoff @ gmail.com> I would really be very grateful.

Dec 23, 2018
Windows backup image of a new Cambio out of the box with just all windows updates installed as of Aug2017.
windows log in password is rca (lowercase)
Microsoft stupidity did not allow images to be in usb thumb drive as I guess they though 16GB was unheard of, so use a usb harddrive.
Network drive is a possibility.
11GB file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtzMChf6R17Q3JSR0Z6dG.../
Sorry my English, hello friend you can share the restoration image again because the zip that I download from the link you share is damaged. michas thanks and regards