[SOLVED] I lost control of my left laptop fan, any help?

Aug 23, 2021
Hello folks. I have a Gigabyte Aorus G15 KC. It was running quite well up until today. I recently deleted Aorus Control Center and installed the newest version of it. After that moment my fans started act strange. When I turned my pc off, my left fan kept running for some time and stopped eventually. But today,after playing some BF4, I turned my pc off but left fan kept running for more than 30 seconds after the shutdown. When I turned it on, left fan just took off and started to run on its own. I cannot control it from Control Center but I can control the right fan, weirdly. Left fan runs at a certain rpm and I cannot control it by any means. When I change the cooling settings, it only applies to right fan, not to left fan. That guy is literally independent. I need help guys, thanks.

Solution
Gremlins.... :)

May have been some perfect storm of events that caused some software bug or glitch to occur. Could be in Control Center or Windows.

Poke about in the logs to determine if some "quiet update" of Control Center occurred.

If the left fan goes rogue again take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have occurred.

You could also swap the left and right fans about. Determine if the behavior follows the fan stays "left".

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that the newest version is buggy or corrupted.

Roll back to the previous version of Aorus Control Center to determine if left fan control can be recovered.

And that nothing else then goes astray....

Check the website: any Forum questions or FAQs posted regarding fan problems?

Either way, do a fresh manual download. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Reactions: t4z707
Aug 23, 2021
Thanks for the help. I actually tried to download the older version of Control Center but somehow Gigabyte didn't allow me to download. I turned my pc on today and after some time my PC gained back the control of the fan. Now I can control both fans without a problem. The thing is I don't understand what caused this malfunction in the first place. Any thoughts?

Ralston18

Titan
Gremlins.... :)

May have been some perfect storm of events that caused some software bug or glitch to occur. Could be in Control Center or Windows.

Poke about in the logs to determine if some "quiet update" of Control Center occurred.

If the left fan goes rogue again take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have occurred.

You could also swap the left and right fans about. Determine if the behavior follows the fan stays "left".

Solution