[SOLVED] I lost everything updating to newest version

May 14, 2022
Ok so here is what I'm working with. All evga 1000w psu, I have 2 rigs,
1 biostar b350 mother, i9 9900k 32 ram. It's has a 2 3060 ti, 2 3060lhr, 3070fe, 2 3070ti fe. 2 3070 fe.
2nd rig
3080 msi rtx 10gb, and 1 3070ti fe 8gb.
All was humming along until last Saturday, and I updated nbminer. I'm also running nbminer 41.4
When I updated nbminer. Everything crashed. I lost my clock settings. I've been on miningchamber, and have been going crazy and trying to get back online steady for a week now. After 5 hours every night this week of trying to reset my settings. All I'm asking for is a basic setting of power watts, core, memory clock as a starting place. I have no idea where to begin, everyone keeps posting their own settings. I understand every card is different and that I need to adjust each card by itsself. However I do t even know where to set my numbers to just make the gpu stable enough for me to start adjusting. Any help or insight would be so appreciated. I was stable since July of 2021. Now I'm so screwed up I don't know where to start. None of my cards runs for more than 2 minutes. The clock tune in minerstat has presets, but none of my cards stay up for more than 2 minutes with those settings. I also tried to start with just one card. Then try adding the next. No go. I'm just so confused at this time.. and desperate.

Solution
I would start with the card installation documentation.

Hopefully there are administrative windows showing end user options with some indication of the default value(s).

Or just install a card from scratch (as if the card was new) and look in the windows to see the initial/default configuration settings. That is where you will need to start from anyway.

= = = =

I just googled "3080 msi rtx 10gb default settings" and found a number of links.

For example (May not actually apply to your rig. Point being that some research may find similar links that do apply. Change the search criteria as necessary.):

https://linuxconfig.org/nvidia-rtx-3080-eth-hashrate-and-overclock-settings-on-hiveos

Beyond that, I will need to...

Ralston18

Titan
Both rigs crashed?

Focus on one rig starting with all default settings.

Get the rig running/mining again in as simple a configuration as possible to ensure initial stability (no crashing etc..)

Then carefully tweak the configuration settings as necessary to restore the required performance levels.

Use reasonable settings as you deem applicable and appropriate that have been suggested by other folks (miners).

Increase in small increments and change only one thing at a time.

Be sure to keep notes about what you change: where, how, original value, new value, etc.. Just in case you need to undo or reverse a change.

Once one of the mining rigs is up and running be sure to make the necessary backups so you will not need to repeat the full process.

Then work on the second rig and get it back in operation. Likewise keeping notes and backing up.

= = = =

And, if there is any saving grace here, with energy prices up and cryptocurrency at real lows you may be saving money. Or at least not losing it.

Take your time and take advantage of the "lull". No point in rushing things and possibly causing more problems and/or physical damage.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

May 14, 2022
Both rigs crashed?

Focus on one rig starting with all default settings.

Get the rig running/mining again in as simple a configuration as possible to ensure initial stability (no crashing etc..)

Then carefully tweak the configuration settings as necessary to restore the required performance levels.

Use reasonable settings as you deem applicable and appropriate that have been suggested by other folks (miners).

Increase in small increments and change only one thing at a time.

Be sure to keep notes about what you change: where, how, original value, new value, etc.. Just in case you need to undo or reverse a change.

Once one of the mining rigs is up and running be sure to make the necessary backups so you will not need to repeat the full process.

Then work on the second rig and get it back in operation. Likewise keeping notes and backing up.

= = = =

And, if there is any saving grace here, with energy prices up and cryptocurrency at real lows you may be saving money. Or at least not losing it.

Take your time and take advantage of the "lull". No point in rushing things and possibly causing more problems and/or physical damage.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Thanks for the advice, but where. Can I ask where I could find all the default settings for each card?

Ralston18

Titan
I would start with the card installation documentation.

Hopefully there are administrative windows showing end user options with some indication of the default value(s).

Or just install a card from scratch (as if the card was new) and look in the windows to see the initial/default configuration settings. That is where you will need to start from anyway.

= = = =

I just googled "3080 msi rtx 10gb default settings" and found a number of links.

For example (May not actually apply to your rig. Point being that some research may find similar links that do apply. Change the search criteria as necessary.):

https://linuxconfig.org/nvidia-rtx-3080-eth-hashrate-and-overclock-settings-on-hiveos

Beyond that, I will need to defer to those who mine using such settings with or without some additional tweaking.

Solution