Question I lost my monitor signal while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2022
I bought a new monitor with 1920x1080 res 144hz. My old Monitor was 1440x900 59hz

When I play some mid or high end game I lose the signal from the monitor but I can still hear and speak through discord and even hear the game.

What I have tried;
undervolting, underclocking, changing the res. remove drivers with DDU and reinstall

other problems:
I can't open radeon software no matter what.

PC specs:
4x2 gb crucial ddr3 ram 1600hz
i5 4590
rx580 8x gaming edition
sharkoon 650w 80+ bronze PSU
z97 gaming 3 mobo.

that problem does not occur while playing; Civilization 6, League of legends, Legends of runeterra, Left for dead
it occurs in ; back for blood, age of empires 4, propnight, phasmophobia.

Ralston18

Titan
Manually download GPU drivers via Radeon's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party apps or utilities.

= = = =

PSU:

How old is that Sharkroon PSU? History of heavy used for gaming, video editing, bit-mining?

My thought is that the PSU is unable to provide peak power when needed.

May be nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter and fail when some threshold power demand is reached or needed.

Games that do not require that power threshold - no problem. Games that hit or exceed that power threshold then the PSU falters/fails.

Jan 11, 2022
Manually download GPU drivers via Radeon's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party apps or utilities.

= = = =

PSU:

How old is that Sharkroon PSU? History of heavy used for gaming, video editing, bit-mining?

My thought is that the PSU is unable to provide peak power when needed.

May be nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter and fail when some threshold power demand is reached or needed.

Games that do not require that power threshold - no problem. Games that hit or exceed that power threshold then the PSU falters/fails.
Not even one year old and nope! Only used for gaming so far without any overclock.

For the radeon part; trust me I have tried everything even starting in safe mode, cleaning with DDU, reinstalling drivers ( I always install manually) it just doesn't work

Oct 22, 2021
If your monitor randomly loses signal when gaming, sometimes, that could be due to your drivers. They may be outdated, corrupt, or just malfunctioning for no apparent reason.

The Solution

Check for updates on your graphics drivers and run them, then see if this fixes the issue.

If it doesn’t, uninstall all of your graphics drivers and install them again. Use your GPU’s software to make those necessary updates and reinstalls.

If your GPU is from Nvidia, then in that case, install the GeForce Experience software. From there, you can install, uninstall, and amend your graphics. If you are using a GPU by AMD, download the AMD Radeon software.
skylightpaycard

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
There are still things that you can do:

Swap the old monitor back in. Try the new monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem(s) stay with the computer or follow the monitor.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with game play failures.

PSU: age matters as does usage. However a "new" PSU can still have problems.

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However, any voltages that are out of tolerance make the PSU a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.