[SOLVED] I lost the screw that came with my ASUS ROG Strix Arion...

Solution
The semi-circular cutout at the edge of the SSD has a semi-circular patch of yellow metal around it. The head of the mounting screw should contact that but NOT any other metal outside it. Make sure the screw head is small enough to comply with that.

Another point: Screws of the same external diameter do not always have the same thread pitch. Make sure the screw goes in smoothly without having to be forced.

If you observe these two requirements, you should be OK.
6myqB1T.png

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The semi-circular cutout at the edge of the SSD has a semi-circular patch of yellow metal around it. The head of the mounting screw should contact that but NOT any other metal outside it. Make sure the screw head is small enough to comply with that.

Another point: Screws of the same external diameter do not always have the same thread pitch. Make sure the screw goes in smoothly without having to be forced.

If you observe these two requirements, you should be OK.
6myqB1T.png

Solution

outlawstar15a2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Ok found the screw that goes to the Strix. I just got really lucky. The screw I was gonna use, is what the other NVME on the mobo is using and it's fine.

The strix threw me for a loop because the screw that goes with it has a cut out in the center where you thread the yellow semi circle through and the only thing I can figure is it acts to offset the M.2 and prevent it from hitting the bottom of the Strix. But the regular M.2 screws I have don't have that because their not needed on most mobo.