I love you AMD!!

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dudes!

I was beginning to fear that Intel was getting too far ahead in terms of .13 and MHz. Well good job AMD on the XP. As always I could care less which brand anybody buys. I just think it is great that the war is still on. AMD has XP and Intel has SIS with DDR! This is so great!! It has been boring lately and now we have a whole new ballgame.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
The economy isn't has bad as everyone thinks. The general opinion of the major investment banks is that the market is revaluing itself after the dotcom debacle. These companies were hideously overvalued to start with, I mean what is essentially a glorified mail order set-up, how could they live up to the kind of share yields required. I reckon that in about 12 months, we should be back in the black. A relative of mine works in corperate finance in HK dealing with small/mid market cap firms. He says they have never been so busy. The FTSE is looking healthier around the 5,000 mark and the Dow is back up around 9,000 points and the Hang Seng is back to 10,000.

In fact only the Nasdaq composite is still looking gloomy. Seriously, once companies portfolios are looking healthier, there is going to be a bit more liquidity around and the tech sector should start making more money. This is provided the consumers keep spending of course. Should consumer spending dry up, we shall see a lot of companies sitting on their reserved.

Democracy Bernad, it must be stopped!

G

I wish I could buy two XPs + Mobos today... No money right now.
Gotta wait for the end of the year. :(

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Actually, although consumers yield money for tehc companies, the real money comes from major companies buying form them. There hasn't been as much demand from large companies lately. (Just so u know, my dad's a stock trader).

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

FatBurger

Illustrious
AMD has always been good (since the first Athlon, anyway). Good (read: fast) platforms have been around since the KT133a (or earlier, I don't have much experience before that.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

i love amd
i could kiss my processor

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
don't do when it's plugged in with out a heatsink, you might burn your self. j/k

*this is in no way a troll post*

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I'd actually say that the markets right now are screwed. If, as your name suggests, you are in the UK you will see less of this, as the UK is considerably more rosy than other countries.

Most people agree that we are in World recession right now, unfortunately 1/10 who don't seem to the be supposed leaders.

A lot of the economy is going to get panned, esp. with the bin Laden stuff. A lot of economies drive on tourism and travel, and there isn't much of that happening right now (relatively).

Hong Kong is screwed, many brokerage and trading houses are pulling out. The major banks are staying on, but business is terrible. Very little new activity to speak of. The rest of Asia is similar or worse.

The US is floating on subsidy from the FED, trying to lower interest rates to keep the consumer markets flowing. It is a well known fact that people do not spend money during wars, people save and hoard. Sure - it may not seem like a war, but wait for the next major incident in the UK, or US and then see what the markets do. Remember bin Ladens best target against the West is its economy, and a few well placed nudges could have a monstorous effect.

Sure - after everything the economy will rebound - it always does. Governments will need to replenish armaments which always has a positve ripple effect through many financial sectors.

It may be 12 months, it may be 24 months, but also remember that for a business to thrive it must have cash flow. Even if situations look good, companies will not see and post positive results for 6-12 months after, which is when most people will be happy to go out and start spending freely again....

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You mean you've never kissed your processor yet?!

<font color=red>umtqyvutkhgjvqffpcvpgrgtfocpgnnchvtcwqjvgepgjyoqthgtqhgtgjvtgdogogt....74pqkvcngxgt</font color=red>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
take off the arctic silver and dry your lips!

<font color=red>umtqyvutkhgjvqffpcvpgrgtfocpgnnchvtcwqjvgepgjyoqthgtqhgtgjvtgdogogt....74pqkvcngxgt</font color=red>