[SOLVED] i made a terrible mistake

Apr 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
An hour ago I bought a gtx 1660 from new egg with all my paypal savings but now I realized that it has a 8- pin connector and my psu only has a 6 - pin connector. I've never used the pin cable because my 1050ti doesn't need one. But now I don't know what to do because apparently the order is ineligible to Cancel. Please help o_O

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How are you determining it's not eligible to be cancelled?
As per Newegg's policy:
1233.png

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-bas...bout returns, please review our Return Policy.

Suggest you contract Newegg directly if you want to cancel.

What PSU do you have? While adapters exist to take 6pin to 8pin, they're rarely a good idea. Generally, if your PSU does not have the appropriate connectors for the GPU you intend to use..... You need a PSU, or need to reevaluate your GPU decision.

Reactions: sadgpunoise
Apr 12, 2020
How are you determining it's not eligible to be cancelled?
As per Newegg's policy:
1233.png

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/policy-agreement/#:~:text=You may cancel your order,your order under any law.&text=To learn about returns, please review our Return Policy.

Suggest you contract Newegg directly if you want to cancel.

What PSU do you have? While adapters exist to take 6pin to 8pin, they're rarely a good idea. Generally, if your PSU does not have the appropriate connectors for the GPU you intend to use..... You need a PSU, or need to reevaluate your GPU decision.
I don't know how but the order is already on transit... so i have no option but to accept it. I guess i'll have to buy a new psu

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've installed this PSU: fsp hyper k 600w successfully, but unfortunately now one of my dimm slot doesn't work so I'm stuck with 8gb ram

From this write-up:
FSP (FSP Group/Fortron source power)

FSP is a PSU manufacturer like Seasonic and Super Flower, although not as well trusted based on historical performance. They have some seriously poor quality trash models, series and platforms, but also some very good stuff as well. Much as with Be Quiet!, you must be VERY careful which series or even which models within a specific series in some cases, that you consider. Unless you can find a review of a specific model, I'd avoid it. Currently the FSP Hydro G and Hydro X units are pretty good.

Pretty much universally, the FSP Hyper models should be avoided as they are low quality garbage.

That same write-up has very good recommendations of what to get and what to avoid. It is a MUST-READ.

Reactions: sadgpunoise