[SOLVED] I may be in trouble

Oct 21, 2020
Hello all,
So I bought the msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
And I did the most rookie mistake. I put the 24 pin power into the motherboard and turned it on. I didn’t know I had to plug in those CPU PWR 1 & 2. Did I fry my motherboard everytime I try to boot it up it turns on and goes off. Any advice will help!

Solution
Update: I got it to work. In the future I will never go with any other power supply besides Corsair. All because power supply everything didn’t work and left CPU light on. I went with RM850X what a beast.
I put the 24 pin power into the motherboard and turned it on. I didn’t know I had to plug in those CPU PWR 1 & 2.
Did I fry my motherboard everytime I try to boot it up it turns on and goes off.
That's not a problem. Just connect everything properly.
You most likely have connected something wrong.

Can you show a photo, how you have connected everything?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Yes - also need full specs of the system. There might be compatibility issues too.

Oct 21, 2020
I’ve tried to update the BIOs watches every video alive. Still having issues. I plugged the USB 2.0 into the 2.0 port. Renamed the BIOs update to MSI.ROM held the reset for 1 min and I haven’t had anything happen.

Oct 21, 2020
View: https://i.imgur.com/nKA3Vw5.jpg
nKA3Vw5.jpg

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
if the bios failed on the motherboard ,,, since that motherboard is a high end,,, try removing the cmos battery for ,,, a couple moments ,,, 30 seconds something like that then place it back in ,,, it could reset the cmos properly and and maybe trigger the backup bios

there is a youtuber who actually fixed their bricked motherboard this way ,,, (not saying it will work in every scenario but at that point whats there left to lose )

Oct 21, 2020
To answer everyone’s question
I did the right Bios attempt to the right motherboard.
I took out the battery for one minute and even jumped the JBAT1 nothing.
the weird thing is when I remove CPU PW1 & CPU PW2 the PC will stay on but when I put them back in it’ll shut off within 2 seconds.
thanks for all the advice!

Oct 21, 2020
Update: I got it to work. In the future I will never go with any other power supply besides Corsair. All because power supply everything didn’t work and left CPU light on. I went with RM850X what a beast.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution