Question I may have fried my RAM or GPU... at a loss of what to do.

Apr 29, 2023
So here is a little backstory. My original issue was that when I was doing "intensive" things on my computer such as playing games, my computer would randomly freeze and make this loud buzzing noise in my headset before ultimately just restarting. It never seemed to freeze if I was just watching videos or surfing the internet. I looked online and someone suggested taking out the RAM and GPU and cleaning them and the slots. I did that, which leads to my current issue.

After putting everything back together, now my monitors won't detect the computer and it seems my USB slots are not powering my mouse or keyboard as they do not light up. Also my headphones seem to not be working in the computer either.

Even though all of those devices were working before I cleaned the RAM and GPU, I have tested them and everything (the monitors, mouse, keyboard and headphones) are all working.

I have tried to re-seat the gpu and RAM again but to no avail of it working. I went through every cable insight to make sure they were plugged in and did not get knocked loose. I tried resetting the CMOS battery. All of which has not fixed the new issue.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on what I should do from here? The computer seems to boot normal as the fans all run, the lights all come on and so forth. However, since the headphones are not working and my motherboard does not have built in onboard speakers, I can't tell if I am getting any beep codes.

I have an ASUS ROG Desktop with some of the following components....

Motherboard- G15CS
RAM: 1 16gb stick of DDR4
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 512GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Processor: Intel Core i7 9700F

If I am missing any components you need to know, please let me know.

So here is a little backstory. My original issue was that when I was doing "intensive" things on my computer such as playing games, my computer would randomly freeze and make this loud buzzing noise in my headset before ultimately just restarting. It never seemed to freeze if I was just watching videos or surfing the internet. I looked online and someone suggested taking out the RAM and GPU and cleaning them and the slots. I did that, which leads to my current issue.

After putting everything back together, now my monitors won't detect the computer and it seems my USB slots are not powering my mouse or keyboard as they do not light up. Also my headphones seem to not be working in the computer either.

Even though all of those devices were working before I cleaned the RAM and GPU, I have tested them and everything (the monitors, mouse, keyboard and headphones) are all working.

I have tried to re-seat the gpu and RAM again but to no avail of it working. I went through every cable insight to make sure they were plugged in and did not get knocked loose. I tried resetting the CMOS battery. All of which has not fixed the new issue.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on what I should do from here? The computer seems to boot normal as the fans all run, the lights all come on and so forth. However, since the headphones are not working and my motherboard does not have built in onboard speakers, I can't tell if I am getting any beep codes.

I have an ASUS ROG Desktop with some of the following components....

Motherboard- G15CS
RAM: 1 16gb stick of DDR4
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 512GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Processor: Intel Core i7 9700F

If I am missing any components you need to know, please let me know.
When reseating the cmos battery did you have the psu unplugged? Well psu is unplugged and cmos battery out. Hold the power button on the case for 30s to clear the old data