Question I may have killed my pc with static electricity

Mar 13, 2020
16
0
10
0
Okay so my build is core i5 7400, with Asus H110M-K
motherboard, 8GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM, 550w PSU, and a 1050ti.

I just bought 8 GB more RAM for my system. It was working fine before I did this. I turned it off, removed the cover and vacuumed the pc a little bit to get rid of the webs and dust. Then inserted the new ram chip as far as it went. Tried to turn it on but nope, the CPU turns on, so do all the fans and lights. But my monitor, keyboard and mouse don't. I pulled out the ram and flipped it over and inserted it, same thing. Completely pulled it out to get back to the stage in which my pc was working, still doesn't work. Please help. I'll be happy to provide pictures/videos if needed.

I read that static electricity is dangerous for pcs and that vacuuming it may have done this? How do I find out which component is damaged?
 
Mar 13, 2020
16
0
10
0
Make sure ram in in in the right way,then do a clear cmos,see if that helps.
I never actually removed the original ram, just added another one. Then removed the new one and It didnt work. Pulled out original and put it back in, still didn't work. I haven't messed with the cmos battery though
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS