[SOLVED] I may have messed up

Aug 23, 2019
Watch the language
I thought i had everything unplugged but didnt. I removed the ram while the pc was running and it crashed. And now it doesnt boot up. Onpy the fans start running but the monitor is black screen. I tried doing a cmos but nothing happened. Im wondering if there is any way to check whats broken.

Solution
I would think that if something got messed up....my first guess would be the RAM.
If you have two or more sticks you might try each stick individually.
If the RAM didn't get screwed up.....my next guess would be the MB......but I think RAM is more sensitive to getting screwed up than the MB in the situation you are describing.
I would think that if something got messed up....my first guess would be the RAM.
If you have two or more sticks you might try each stick individually.
If the RAM didn't get screwed up.....my next guess would be the MB......but I think RAM is more sensitive to getting screwed up than the MB in the situation you are describing.

Solution
Aug 30, 2019
When in doubt , use Post. Plug in a speaker on the motherboard.

"Check the POST. POST stands for "Power On Self Test". This is part of a computer's startup program that is used to diagnose the keyboard, random access memory (RAM), disk drives and other hardware to make sure they are working properly. If the POST detects any errors in the hardware, it will either display a text error message on the screen or a series of short and long beeps. "

You can find videos on how to post your Pc and understand the beeps. This is how I figured out I had a bad ram stick and messed up mother board. If you have an extra computer or a friends. Try using the Ram sticks in a different Pc if nothing else works.

hope this helped.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran