[SOLVED] I may have started a real problem.

nightshift23

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Doing a bit of work on my pc I carelessly put some real weight on the DisplayPort cable plugged into my 5800xt. It was bent close to 90 degree angle. Remarkably after cussing myself out then gently straightening it its working just fine. The issue is it doesn't want to come out of the card now. I don't want to pull the crap out of it to try and get it out. Buying a new cable isn't to big of a deal but I really cannot afford to damage the video card. Does anyone have any suggestions?

As a follow up my monitor has the option of DP or HDMI. If I remember correctly I do need to go with display port for high refresh (144hz ultra wide) correct?

Solution
The issue is it doesn't want to come out of the card now. I don't want to pull the crap out of it to try and get it out.
Why do you need to take it out then? Leave it. Everything works now. Doesn't it?

Anyway .. display port connector has couple of small latches. Bending the connector might have damaged latching mechanism. That's why, it's not coming out anymore.

HTB1bt0teECF3KVjSZJnq6znHFXa1.jpg_q50.jpg
The issue is it doesn't want to come out of the card now. I don't want to pull the crap out of it to try and get it out.
Why do you need to take it out then? Leave it. Everything works now. Doesn't it?

Anyway .. display port connector has couple of small latches. Bending the connector might have damaged latching mechanism. That's why, it's not coming out anymore.

HTB1bt0teECF3KVjSZJnq6znHFXa1.jpg_q50.jpg

Solution

nightshift23

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Just about to upgrade my mobo, literally in the mail. I either get it out or cut the cable. And yeah, the locking mechanism is the issue I'm almost sure, I can't feel any travel in the "button" that unlocks it.

nightshift23

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
A few minutes ago i tried squeezing the button area very hard and very gently rocking it and got the locking mechanism to pop. Its working now, I think it was just jammed. Think I might order a new cable out of caution all the same though.

TRENDING THREADS