[SOLVED] I messed something up and now my Windows has 2 Videos folder and no Downloads folder under "this pc". Anything I try to do to one changes the other.

Tourage

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
NaHZ2kP.jpg

I tried creating a folder called Downloads under user, right clicking the one Videos with the download icon that's under "this pc" and moving it with the location tab. THE PROBLEM is that whatever I do to any of the 2 videos folder under "this pc" affects the other, it's like they are the same folder but with different icon. I want my downloads folder back T.T. It used to be under C:/users/myname and I moved it(using location tab) to D:/HDD and everything was fine for months/years. I think I messed up something recently.

Tourage

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013

gardenman

Splendid
I'm glad it worked out.

Tenforums has some good tutorials and how-to guides. The guy who runs it seems to know about everything about Windows. Toms Hardware has alot of good members who know alot about hardware, but you'll also find some of us who know more about software too.

On either forum it really depends on who answers your question. Both have people who know more, and people who know less but still try to help. But no one knows it all.

Use both as needed. Sometimes people post in both forums at the same time.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm glad it worked out.

Tenforums has some good tutorials and how-to guides. The guy who runs it seems to know about everything about Windows. Toms Hardware has alot of good members who know alot about hardware, but you'll also find some of us who know more about software too.

On either forum it really depends on who answers your question. Both have people who know more, and people who know less but still try to help. But no one knows it all.

Use both as needed. Sometimes people post in both forums at the same time.
Indeed.
If I know of specific steps to solve a particular issue that are posted elsewhere...makes little sense to write the whole thing here again.
Now...if someone here writes a tutorial solving that same thing, I'll link the one from here at Tom's.

Reactions: gardenman