I messed up, black screen blinking cursor

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018
Aight so my pc worked fine with windows 7 ultimate. But i decided to switch to windows 10 so i did. Windows 10 worked fine after te installation but i noticed that i had like 4 volumes even tho i only have 2 hard drives. So for some reason my 1tb hard drive got split in C,D and E. Well i merged all the volumes and partitions with a program i downloaded. It worked! But i restarted my computer and thats it.. monitor is black with a blinking cursor. Plus when i try to change the boot * in BIOS (cuz i have 2 hard drives) it gives me the Reboot and choose the right boot drive error on my screen. I tried to boot a windows installation with my usb but no luck. Im desperate and i need my pc fixed.

<Language, please>

USAFRet

Titan
The D and E partitions were *required*, just that they shouldn't have had a drive letter.
It was easily fixable, by simply removing the drive letter.

Since you merged then into one partition(?)...you have completely hosed up the whole install.
You need to do a full OS reinstall.

Of course, this will wipe out anything currently on that drive.

If you have anything really critical...files, not applications...you need to find a way to save them off to some other drive first. This would be done with a whole different PC, connecting this drive as a secondary drive.

Bottom line - you need to do a full wipe and reinstall. Your current C drive is completely hosed.

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018

My pc was already formatted i upgraded to windows 10. But now it doesnt read my bootable usb which makes it not possible to install windows.

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018

Yea but it doesnt run my bootable usb and i dont have a windows cd ...

usually if it cant read a usb that means there is a problem either with the usb or the files on it. (could be a faulty download or issue during the tiem files were put on the usb)

you could try connecting it to a different computer (the hdd) so its a secondary hdd and try to wipe it that way using a program. (just make sure you dont ipe the main drive of that pc)

If you could make a cd you could always try DBAN on your pc if you are able to boot from discdrive (it wipes hdd but takes a long time) and then try to use usb to install win10 again.

also a Drive is usually split up when installing an OS.
it has the "main" part which you see, then it has a smaller one for files that you would never need to know about, and sometimes a recovery partition.

upgrading form 7 to 10 can cause "issues" in varied thigns. if possible always backup files and after you upgrade just do a clean WIN10 install (so it doesnt have anything from your win7 that may be problematic)

also check your bios for secureboot and disable that. it soemtiems casues issues with usb booting

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018

I actually removed the recovery drives. I removed all the partitions is that why it isnt booting?

only if you were tryign to recover/reinstall off the drive. (its there soif you have an issue with the OS it has the files in clean shape so u dont have to use a cd/usb with files on it)

they wouldnt cause usb to not be readable.

check your bios for secureboot and disable that. it soemtiems casues issues with usb booting (did for a win7 laptop i had in past and disablign it let me install off usb normally)

apart from that idk what would cause the system to ignore a usb drive if it had proper files on it

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018

Im really confused on why its not booting from my usb, i've tried multiple windows versions and im 99% sure that my usb works fine and the iso that i used works fine. Im using the P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard so if you google it you know which BIOS i have. Im so confused.