Question I messed up my GPU, GPU causing BSOD

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
So I decided to clean my laptop and repaste my GPU and CPU, all goes well. But as I boot in back again I noticed my GPU was weird.

It was not displaying information on GPU-Z and drivers were lost, and soon BSOD appears. After that it now won't let me boot into windows because BSOD will just appear 100% of the time, so I decided to disable my nvidia gpu in safe mode and everything went back to normal, good thing intel cpus always have integrated gpu.

So right now I'm guessing I messed up by powering my laptop on too early that my gpu was not dry enough I guess? But my real question is can this still be fixed?

System specs
I5-11400H
RTX 3050
16gb ram
Windows 10

My laptop is only 3 months old and is still quite new. Hopefully there's hope for my GPU.

Ouch, opening a 3-month-old laptop to repaste the gpu . You will have to check the surrounding area/s of gpu for paste runoff on to other electronic parts. The paste is nonconductive, so if there is any runoff it may be interfering with the gpu usage. Be very careful how you clean the paste if any. If possible could you post a pic of the gpu area if there is runoff?

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Ouch, opening a 3-month-old laptop to repaste the gpu . You will have to check the surrounding area/s of gpu for paste runoff on to other electronic parts. The paste is nonconductive, so if there is any runoff it may be interfering with the gpu usage. Be very careful how you clean the paste if any. If possible could you post a pic of the gpu area if there is runoff?

View: https://imgur.com/a/gwz0hHQ

I accidentally smudged some thermal paste on those thermal pads when I was applying some TP.

I got it removed now, and cleaned some parts near the GPU with cotton buds + alcohol.
Now I power it on but what happens this time is that my laptop would just shutdown randomly.

The reason I repasted and cleaned is because my laptop has gotten hotter temps than before and decided to replace the stock thermal paste and clean some dusts off.

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
I see smudges and what looks like dried up liquid residue spots on the mainboard itself. Did you use some kind of cleaner around the gpu, cpu and mainboard? Also, above the gpu the three black chips, under the r22's, is there tp on them?
I only used cotton buds and ethyl alcohol to clean everything. Ethyl alcohol is the only one we have here in our household.
Yup under the r22's were TP so got rid of them too.