Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2018
Components:
ryzen 5 2600
gigabyte ab350 gaming (NOT gaming 3)
corsair CX2017 power supply (450w)
kolink stronghold case

here's what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/xJzMSm3.jpg

So I put the power on and nothing happens. The pci-e cable from the power supply isn't connected, neither is my ssd to anything and I didn't get a g connector (front panel connector) from gigabyte so I put the wires from the case into the pins from left to right and only on the top row (look bottom right)

I am confused on what to do? Did I mess something up? I don't even know how to test if the whole set up is working. Please help, first time building a pc and I'm really angry/worried.

Sep 13, 2018

Read the OP and then tell me why you think I could read a manual they didn't give me.

Sep 13, 2018

Should I just return the 2600, get a 2200g and see if it works from there? Also, if I was to power it on right now, and everything was done right, what would happen? Would the CPU and case fans start spinning or any LEDs come on?

That R5 2600 is NOT an APU, you will need a GPU. So yes it will fail at POST...the GPU LED (indication something is wrong with it, duh) should be lit though.

If it's not even giving you that it's probably because you've randomly loaded the front panel wires to the front panel header. You need to take them out and carefull put each one of the little connectors on the correct pin pairs. Some need to be oriented correct or the associated LED won't light (like HDD light, power-on light).

And to get rolling you can use any old GPU that uses PCIe interface and get something better later on. If you wanted to exchange for an APU (2200g or 2400g) that would work too.

ADDED: Also, it looks like your two memory dimms are incorrectly installed: you should load each dimm into a similar color slot; from what i can tell it should be the two RED slots on that board.

Sep 13, 2018

I don't see any lights come on. I don't have a manual telling me where to put the case pins in. I really want to work hard at this to get it starting but I don't know what to do.

Sep 13, 2018

I don't see any lights at all.

Joey2oo9

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

So your telling me your brand new motherboard didn't come with a manual?? Go download it and confirm you've connected it up correctly

Sep 13, 2018

Can't you read? LOOK AT THE OP, I didn't get a manual for the case, so the pins for the case go Removed knows where and I got the motherboard manual, but it has no info on the HDD, power+- cables.

Joey2oo9

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

I can read just fine, you're the one having problems not me. The motherboard manual tells you what goes where, the case leads will be labelled, so RTFM.....

Sep 13, 2018
Ok the LED's are coming on and all fans are spinning because I got the pins in right. I need a GPU next right but I only play source games so they're cpu intensive so a cheap GPU to get things going is ideal right? thanks guys, even you joey u disrespectful keyboard warrior

Joey2oo9

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Lol i'm disrespectful. vrumor originally suggested you check the manual and you started with the attitude...continuing to do so when i once again told you to read the manual. And lo and behold when you did actually read the manual you solved your problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.