I messed up with documents.

May 1, 2018
So, i changed the documents to be in D:/users/William/documents. But relised that wasn't a good idea becuase game save files and other stuff thinks documents still is under C: drive. So i copied it back but i messed up! Instead of changing it to C:/users/William/documents i changed it without documents at the end. And it ended up making my user folder documents. So now everything in my user folder is in documents. facepalm

USAFRet

Titan
May 1, 2018

I don't think moving it back is a problem. Its just that i forgot documents at the end so documents merged together with users/William

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
You left off part of it, resulting in the problem.

Can you go back to "Default"?

May 1, 2018

Not really. i have to do it manually. By separating document files and other user files. But idk, it seems like windows added files that weren't there before.

USAFRet

Titan

Sorry...:(
I don't know of a clicky clicky fix for this.

May 1, 2018

Okay

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Did you do a copy and paste from D to C, or, did you do a move and paste from D to C? Reason for asking: if everything is still in D partition, in the correct folder configuration, you can probably do another copy and paste from D to C. If the EZ way in not in the cards, there is a hard way, a way that will take much time and energy along with tools such as Piriform Recuva, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, 3rd party explorer or maybe Windows explorer may enough. I'm talking about undeleting the D-chain, reconstructing C-chain folder structure, comparing D-chain folders and files to the present C-chain -- you would move folders and files that do not belong in users\[your acct name] into their proper respective folders.

May 1, 2018

Thank you alot! I will try it. I don't think of any other way really. Documents folder is also my user folder. Its weird.

TRENDING THREADS