I might've fried my mobo/gpu. Any advice/opinions are welcome & appreciated.

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
EVGA supernova 750 B2-powersupply
gigabyte ga-z170xp-sli-mobo
Long story short (yeah.. Short) my PC sat idle for around a week.
After a long gaming sesh.

I went to sleep my computer. Nothing happened.

I went to shutdown my computer via the start menu. It started to shutdown but went back to the home screen.

I held the power button down to turn off the pc. And it turned off, then back on.

Unplugged it and it shutdown.. THEN TURNED BACK ON FOR LIKE 2 SECONDS. I was very spooked for a moment.

I let it sit unplugged for around 24hrs. And plugged it in, it turns on/off via my own input. No response from the monitors. But the leds on all of the peripherals and case turn on fine.

I've purchased a power supply tester to see if I can confirm the cause of the initial problem.

TL;DR I'm assuming the power supply died with passion & as a result killed the mobo/graphics card and looking for opinions and thoughts!

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
The tester arrived and the psu is not working properly according to it. Just a follow up, do you have a recommendation for a replacement? High wattage is necessary. Thanks in advance!

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
I could definitely make some recommendations (but not before you'd specify which country you're from, do remember that this is an international forum, and product availability varies from one place to another)

Edit: I've just checked though, and the specific PSU actually has a 5yr warranty!
So unless 5yrs have actually gone by (or you've opened it up, which voids the warranty), you'd be best just taking it up with EVGA.

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
I did not know it had thst kind of warranty.. I may have already purchased a new psu. But now I have a new issue. The light on my mobo isn't on and the fans on the entire pc Twitch but the computer will not power on.

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018

Which exact PSU did you get? I hope you didn't cheap out on it and got one of a reputable brand!
Anyways, not sure I follow, are you saying the computer will turn on for a second and then shut off? Or is it something else?

TRENDING THREADS