Question I moved a folder into the root of a hardrive with windows on it, booted from that drive and now I can´t find that folder :(

May 7, 2019
Yep, I didn´t know it wasn´t good practice to copy files there. I move them there when I was executing windows from another drive, then boot from that drive and can´t find the folder anymore, can´t find it either if booting from the other drive. I´ve tried show hidden, searching for it and didn´t work, any idea where they can be??

Thanks a lot!

May 7, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hi, I copied a folder with precious files to the root folder of a drive with windows installed. Then I booted windows from that drive and I can´t find the folder anymore, i guess windows has moved it or something, any ideas where it can be?

Thanksss.

hang-the-9

Titan
No Windows would not have just moved the folder, you either did not complete the copy or something else happened. It could be a permissions issue, just go back to the same configuration you had when you did the copy and check it then. Also if you did a copy, then the original should still be there on the other drive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS