Question I moved a folder into the root of a hardrive with windows on it, booted from that drive and now I can´t find that folder :(

May 7, 2019
Yep, I didn´t know it wasn´t good practice to copy files there. I move them there when I was executing windows from another drive, then boot from that drive and can´t find the folder anymore, can´t find it either if booting from the other drive. I´ve tried show hidden, searching for it and didn´t work, any idea where they can be??

Thanks a lot!

May 7, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hi, I copied a folder with precious files to the root folder of a drive with windows installed. Then I booted windows from that drive and I can´t find the folder anymore, i guess windows has moved it or something, any ideas where it can be?

Thanksss.

No Windows would not have just moved the folder, you either did not complete the copy or something else happened. It could be a permissions issue, just go back to the same configuration you had when you did the copy and check it then. Also if you did a copy, then the original should still be there on the other drive.