Sep 5, 2022
I Moved, Installed A New CPU Cooler, And Now My PC Is Acting Weird???

Ok, so I’m very confused and I’m in dire need of some assistance as I am starting to lose my mind over this :/

I moved into a new apartment on the first of this month and of course I brought my PC with me that I had built at the beginning of the year. On the day that I moved it, the temperature was pretty hot like around 30 degrees Celsius and I held it for the entire 10 minute car ride. The next day, I installed a new Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fan to replace the stock one I had been using from my Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I then tried using it afterwards which is where my troubles started. It boots up just fine, it works just fine for like 2 minutes, but it just randomly reboots the entire system and the computer restarts. There’s no windows 10 screen or anything, just one moment I’m monitoring the system hardware and the next moment I’m greeted by a black screen followed by the screen I see whenever I used to turn it on. The fans don’t stop turning either so I’m all around very perplexed.

I’ve tried redoing some of the cord connections to my motherboard like with the CPU power cable and the big 24 pin one that I’m forgetting the name of at the moment. I’ve also checked to see if it’s my power bricks fault and it doesn’t seem to be the issue. It Isn’t the outlet, it isn’t the cord either, and I’ve even taken some of it apart to re-attach the cooler/take out and put back in the CPU. Still NOTHING

As for the specs, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fan as mentioned previously, a MSI B550M PRO-VDH Wifi motherboard, some Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ram, and an MSI Radeon RX580 Armor if any of the helps.

I’ll be truly grateful for any help or suggestions, and I hope you all have a lovely day :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU? Make and model of your case? You might want to see if the backplate for the cooler is making contact with the side panel. Grounding issues can cause an anomaly with your build. A faulty or failing PSU can also do the same. Try and reseat the GPU in your build.

I Moved, Installed A New CPU Cooler, And Now My PC Is Acting Weird???

Ok, so I’m very confused and I’m in dire need of some assistance as I am starting to lose my mind over this :/

I moved into a new apartment on the first of this month and of course I brought my PC with me that I had built at the beginning of the year. On the day that I moved it, the temperature was pretty hot like around 30 degrees Celsius and I held it for the entire 10 minute car ride. The next day, I installed a new Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fan to replace the stock one I had been using from my Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I then tried using it afterwards which is where my troubles started. It boots up just fine, it works just fine for like 2 minutes, but it just randomly reboots the entire system and the computer restarts. There’s no windows 10 screen or anything, just one moment I’m monitoring the system hardware and the next moment I’m greeted by a black screen followed by the screen I see whenever I used to turn it on. The fans don’t stop turning either so I’m all around very perplexed.

I’ve tried redoing some of the cord connections to my motherboard like with the CPU power cable and the big 24 pin one that I’m forgetting the name of at the moment. I’ve also checked to see if it’s my power bricks fault and it doesn’t seem to be the issue. It Isn’t the outlet, it isn’t the cord either, and I’ve even taken some of it apart to re-attach the cooler/take out and put back in the CPU. Still NOTHING

As for the specs, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fan as mentioned previously, a MSI B550M PRO-VDH Wifi motherboard, some Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ram, and an MSI Radeon RX580 Armor if any of the helps.

I’ll be truly grateful for any help or suggestions, and I hope you all have a lovely day :)
I don't suppose you have a socket tester or a vom to see what the power and connections are like.

Perhaps run an extension cord to a socket in a different room and test.

Sep 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU? Make and model of your case? You might want to see if the backplate for the cooler is making contact with the side panel. Grounding issues can cause an anomaly with your build. A faulty or failing PSU can also do the same. Try and reseat the GPU in your build.
My PSU is an EVGA 600BQ, my case is a fractal design define mini c microatx mid tower case, I already tried reseating the GPU and still nothing. I’ll check the backplate suggestion as the New backplate for my cooler is definitely larger than my previous one.