I need 2 DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS because ebay will not allow me to have 2 accounts from my home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hancock

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
How can I set up 2 computers with different ip address' from the same wireless router ? I was told to get a USB modem that will not get a "fixed IP " from this unit . I have a desktop and a laptop. I want the laptop to show it is coming from another physical address. PLEASE HELP........

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Can't be done unless you drop 2 different instances of your internet service provider. Otherwise you only get ONE IP address. Unless you request another from your ISP, which will come at an additional cost. They do this so you can't bid up on your own items, and other reasons.

Maybe check this post out it might help you:
http://andrewminalto.com/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/

johnny hancock.....phsssss.....herbie hancock lol (just a reference from tommy boy)

The router will have a single IP address on the internet.
All internal devices using this connection look like they use this same address (Network Address Translation).
You mention a usb modem. A wireless internet dongle with a SIM card and its own internet connection will have its own IP address.
A USB wireless device connecting to the router will just share the same IP address.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011

There is another way but I too want to see what they are wanting to do before I say how. Only reason I can think of needing 2 ebay accounts is for fake bids. And it costs money, less than a second connection, so you would need a decent reason to do it.

Johnny Hancock

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

Johnny Hancock

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
they say i am not allowed to sale autographed cards unless authenticated by companies they select. yet their policy says different. all my items have reputable authenticators. they suspended my account then re-instated it with the condition i cannot sell any of my autographed cards. yet others sell then not authenticated at all ? it makes no sense but as you know.....you do as they say and follow their rules or else. I was following the rules and they knew it or would not have re-instated my account. now i have thousands of dollars of autographed cards i invested in and no way to sale them. i have to have a separate account not associated with mine. i am in no way trying to shill bid or do anything wrong. i sold over 200 autographed cards and have 100% feedbacks.

Johnny Hancock

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

I use a wireless router but i was told that a usb modem will change ip address's every time you log on to your cpu ....is this true. i want to use a laptop separate from my desktop .this is my reason why. Ebay said i am not allowed to sale autographed cards unless authenticated by companies they select. yet their policy says different. all my items have reputable authenticators. they suspended my account then re-instated it with the condition i cannot sell any of my autographed cards. yet others sell them not authenticated at all ? it makes no sense but as you know.....you do as they say and follow their rules or else. I was following the rules and they knew it or would not have re-instated my account. i was told that a couple of their "agents" on a board had concerns because of the amount i have had to sell. i sale on consignment, have a card shop, plus collected for 30 years....simple !! now i have thousands of dollars of autographed cards i invested in and no way to sale them. i have to have a separate account not associated with mine. i am in no way trying to shill bid or do anything wrong. i sold over 200 autographed cards and have 100% feedbacks. I am trying to figure a way to work from my own home and have 2 using separate computers so the accounts that cannot be connected. any help is greatly appreciated. i am not very computer lingo oriented so make it simple if you can. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.