I need a Access point like a hotel with code generator

swat9uk

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Hi everyone i am seeking some kind of access point but maybe someone can narrow it down for me,
i am on cable virgin with a standerd hub 3.0 now i need an access point attached to it via Ethernet, i went on holiday not long ago and you had to buy wifi cards tap in a number and that would allow you to have an hour free wifi yet you could buy as many cards as you wanted, i need something like this with a code generator only so i can give out, any ideas on how this works or even buy one right out the box would be perfect,

any links or advice would great

racksmith101

Respectable
You might want to check virgins terms and conditions for your cable, selling on bandwidth may be against them ( like renting a house then subletting) thus breeching your contract,, they might see it as a business account rather than residential and charge you accordingly.

USAFRet

Titan

What is this use for?
Friends at your residence? No problem...Enable the Guest access in your router, and give them that password.
Change it weekly or as needed.

Something much broader, as in selling access? You need to contact your ISP.
But that "code generator" functionality is simply software. There are multiple free server applications, that will run on low end commodity hardware, that will do that.

So...what exactly are you wanting to do?

swat9uk

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
thanks for the replys it is going to be used in my home, i have a bit of a situation at home with my son, useing the internet on his devices, and being typical teenager not doing any chors eather struggling to get him up in morning because he sneaks on the net at night , i know i can enable guest mode ect but i want him to start earning his time on the net in the evening as thats the only thing he does now stay in bedroom all day at weekends, and finding it hard to get him to do anything else at all without arguments , he might not like that idea but its got to be worth a shot but he does use the ps4 ipad and desktop pc,
so if i can allow him 2hrs here and there without constantly logging into the router all the time
i could just switch off the router but the wife records programs at night on tv so thats out the questions, and i can limit the times on the router thats ok also, but didn't want to put that into place until i know if i can get something else in place, i could do with an app on the phone switch devices on/off on the fly problem solved lol

I agree parental controls will be much better. What you were asking for before is massively complex compared to parental controls.

The good things about parental controls is it is almost impossible to bypass as long as the kid does not have the admin password to the router. Now if he gets the bright idea to do stuff like change mac addresses to bypass you I would tell him if he gets caught you will physically lock up all his devices.