I need a laptop for game design

Colton Spurlock

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hell in july i will be going to school for game design and need a laptop for it. I will mostly be running maya,photoshop 6, avid pro tools, and unity. My budget will be about 2500. So i have a few question.
Do i need dedicated gpu
Should i get a gaming laptop
What specs should i look for
What laptop would you advise is my biggest question
Oh and it must run windoes 7 or 8 and i do not want to build my own unless it through cyperpower or someone like that.
Thank you i will be monitoring this offten

JustifyHerko

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi there, I'm Currently in 1st Year doing Computer Games Design in the Uk, Think our courses are abit different though.
I go through Greenfoot, 3DMax, Photoshop, and Flash! and Sometimes UDK
We don't do Maya and Unity right now.- Just wanted to say and compare lol!

You would be better off without dedicated graphics and just have a card!
You don't really need a gaming laptop unless you intend to game? (I'm to Busy to game with college sometimes)
Spec's? Good Processor, Alot of rendering will be done, A big Hard drive 2TB least, Good amount of RAM To
I'm Not gunna spot out a laptop, I don't know which one to go for
To look out for
i5 or above if you are going for intel (which you should) Upto you though.
2TB of storage or 1TB as you could use external
6-8GB or Higher in RAM
Win7 or 8 is upto you, Self preference really. Woulden't matter i don't think!

I will attempt to try and find you a simular laptop to the specs to help you out :)
$ or £ ?

Colton Spurlock

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I was thinking of a razer blade pro but since i dont start till july and i dont really need one until like 2 months into my course id wait for the new one what do you guys think of that and also have you heard any news on when razer will at least announce there bew laptops

TRENDING THREADS