[SOLVED] I need a laptop for occasional zoom meeting

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
I need a laptop for occasional zoom meeting. I have to go to another state to do a zoom meeting to talk to doctor. Crazy I know. Wanted to get something cheap. Was wondering about the ones with emmc storage with camera. is that emmc any good Will it be able to handle streaming. Any recommendations.

Solution
for just zoom anything will work really. so long as it has a webcam and mic or you have one to plug in, then it'll be fine.

those really cheap very small emmc storage models just assume you will store everything in the cloud so there is almost no local storage. the specs are usually rather low as well but again if all you want to do is run zoom on it, then it's no big deal.

now if you have now or think you might have other uses for it later, then you will want to reconsider and make sure what you get can do everything you want it to. upgrading a laptop is very limited and those cheap models don't even allow more ram or an ssd most of the time!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
for just zoom anything will work really. so long as it has a webcam and mic or you have one to plug in, then it'll be fine.

those really cheap very small emmc storage models just assume you will store everything in the cloud so there is almost no local storage. the specs are usually rather low as well but again if all you want to do is run zoom on it, then it's no big deal.

now if you have now or think you might have other uses for it later, then you will want to reconsider and make sure what you get can do everything you want it to. upgrading a laptop is very limited and those cheap models don't even allow more ram or an ssd most of the time!

Solution