Question I need a laptop with powerful integrated GPU without dedicated graphics (1300$ budget)

Aug 19, 2022
I've seen the 680M iGPU on AMD's 6000 series and really impressed with their performance. According to my research, seems like most laptops having those CPUs are paired with a dedicated graphics card. So are there alternative laptops which use a strong iGPU that has similar power to 680M, or there are non - dedicated graphics laptops run on AMD's 6000 that I miss?

Hey there,

Yes, there are laptops with this setup available, although only slowly rolling out.

There's the Lenovo models like this: IdeaPad 5 Pro Gen 7 (16″ AMD) | High-performance laptop for creators & gamers | Lenovo Ireland

Here's a list of a few with the same setup, but maybe more costly: Listing of All Laptop Using AMD Ryzen 7 6800U Processor | DeviceBeast.com

The 680m is roughly comparable to a GTX1650 Max-Q. Not quite as fast as that card, but close.

It does everything you want apart from real heavy gaming. But light gaming with some half decent setting is possible to help pass the time (when it allows :) )

The Lenovo one above can be configured as is with iGPU, but also dedicated GPU's too.

Intel iGPU just don't cut mustard in comparison to AMD's solutions.

Reactions: smallbudgetenjoyer
What is the reason for your asking?
Are you thinking of buying a laptop?
If so, what is your budget and primary use?

The passmark rating of the 6800M is 3134.
The best integrated graphics for intel will be of the UHD 770 type with a rating of 2633.
Integrated graphics of whatever kind is fine for normal desktop work and HD movie playback. If you want fast action graphics, then you will want a dedicated graphics chip.

Reactions: smallbudgetenjoyer
Aug 19, 2022
Hey there,

Yes, there are laptops with this setup available, although only slowly rolling out.

There's the Lenovo models like this: IdeaPad 5 Pro Gen 7 (16″ AMD) | High-performance laptop for creators & gamers | Lenovo Ireland

Here's a list of a few with the same setup, but maybe more costly: Listing of All Laptop Using AMD Ryzen 7 6800U Processor | DeviceBeast.com

The 680m is roughly comparable to a GTX1650 Max-Q. Not quite as fast as that card, but close.

It does everything you want apart from real heavy gaming. But light gaming with some half decent setting is possible to help pass the time (when it allows :) )

The Lenovo one above can be configured as is with iGPU, but also dedicated GPU's too.

Intel iGPU just don't cut mustard in comparison to AMD's solutions.
Hey thanks for your recommendations, I have purchased the IdeaPad one.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Aug 19, 2022
What is the reason for your asking?
Are you thinking of buying a laptop?
If so, what is your budget and primary use?

The passmark rating of the 6800M is 3134.
The best integrated graphics for intel will be of the UHD 770 type with a rating of 2633.
Integrated graphics of whatever kind is fine for normal desktop work and HD movie playback. If you want fast action graphics, then you will want a dedicated graphics chip.
You're right, I should have a dedicated graphics chip.

It's truly powerful as I expected. Switching from grumpy Intel 5th generation to this Ryzen beast is such an overwhelming feeling man.

Edit: I chose the RTX 3050 version because that's the only 6800HS option in my country.
Ah, that's a great result! I'm delighted.

Oh, good choice on the iGPU, pretty decent for 1080p medium settings in most games. WIll be a nice little sidetrack everynow and then :)

If you need any help with anything else, just drop me a PM.