[SOLVED] I need a miracle

Apr 2, 2021
Greeting's everyone,
I wanted to jump on here because a friend of mine highly reccomended it so on to my point bare with me.
I purchassed a gaming pc thinking it was going to be a good choice for the price However I was soon met with horror!
I'm Dr Mort Beat Maker/Producer from mansfield Ohio and I need a computer that is great for music editing and video editing
When I purchased this cyberpower pc I was promised a great machine and now I don't know what to do because I paid $600
and it's just not doing the job I can't do video at all it's way too much lag and when i'm editing music the cpu redlines a lot
some of the vsts and fx plugins I run are heavy depending on how many layers there are.
Let me put it out there that i'm not made of money yet lol, I'm just starteing up my business and haven't made a sale yet.
But once I do start getting busy I need a pc that can do the job and i'm already out $600
My Comp Specs:
Cyberpower PC Model C Series

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core 3.5 GHz

AMD RADEON RX 560 Series

Solution
Oh wow, CyberPowerPC saw you coming....

Sorry, but that's not just a dinosaur, it's the dinosaurs great, great, great grandfather of a pc. It's not that the 6 threads of that FX is bad, that part is fine for your use, it's the Supreme slowness of instructions per clock (IPC) coupled with the FX lack of instruction sets used by modern software.

The FX when brand new was only at 2/3rd the IPC of a 3rd gen Intel, and now we are on 11th gen Intel (3570k vs 11600k, first number tells the generation for Core series). It'd not be a stretch to say that pc is well over 200% slower in comparison to any 6 core from the last 2 years.

And modern software such as what you'll use for editing video/audio isn't going to like...
Greeting's everyone,
I wanted to jump on here because a friend of mine highly reccomended it so on to my point bare with me.
I purchassed a gaming pc thinking it was going to be a good choice for the price However I was soon met with horror!
I'm Dr Mort Beat Maker/Producer from mansfield Ohio and I need a computer that is great for music editing and video editing
When I purchased this cyberpower pc I was promised a great machine and now I don't know what to do because I paid $600
and it's just not doing the job I can't do video at all it's way too much lag and when i'm editing music the cpu redlines a lot
some of the vsts and fx plugins I run are heavy depending on how many layers there are.
Let me put it out there that i'm not made of money yet lol, I'm just starteing up my business and haven't made a sale yet.
But once I do start getting busy I need a pc that can do the job and i'm already out $600
My Comp Specs:
Cyberpower PC Model C Series

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core 3.5 GHz

AMD RADEON RX 560 Series
Can you return the PC? If so do it!

4 weeks ago I purchased it and I can't return it
Would you be willing to learn how to put together a computer with the parts? Your best option at this point would be to take the graphics card, storage devise, and potentially the PSU and case from the computer you bought and purchase a decent CPU / Motherboard / and RAM and rebuild it. I promise it is not as hard as it sounds, it just takes a bit of effort and a few hours time. I would also sell the CPU / motherboard / RAM in the PC for ~100 dollars.

Apr 2, 2021
Would you be willing to learn how to put together a computer with the parts? Your best option at this point would be to take the graphics card, storage devise, and potentially the PSU and case from the computer you bought and purchase a decent CPU / Motherboard / and RAM and rebuild it. I promise it is not as hard as it sounds, it just takes a bit of effort and a few hours time. I would also sell the CPU / motherboard / RAM in the PC for ~100 dollars.
I am actually willing to do that, I been watching a ton of pc building videos on youtube etc like linus and them don't know if you are familiar, you probably are if I am lol
I find it fun to work on electronics anyways I get paid this coming tuesday though I might be able to swing it today please give me more details Thank You!

USAFRet

Titan
I am actually willing to do that, I been watching a ton of pc building videos on youtube etc like linus and them don't know if you are familiar, you probably are if I am lol
I find it fun to work on electronics anyways I get paid this coming tuesday though I might be able to swing it today please give me more details Thank You!
There is little if anything you can use from that system.

PSU? No.
CPU/RAM/motherboard? No.

Maybe the storage device. Maybe.
OK...maybe keep the GPU, only because new GPU prices are through the roof.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

Sorry, but that's not just a dinosaur, it's the dinosaurs great, great, great grandfather of a pc. It's not that the 6 threads of that FX is bad, that part is fine for your use, it's the Supreme slowness of instructions per clock (IPC) coupled with the FX lack of instruction sets used by modern software.

The FX when brand new was only at 2/3rd the IPC of a 3rd gen Intel, and now we are on 11th gen Intel (3570k vs 11600k, first number tells the generation for Core series). It'd not be a stretch to say that pc is well over 200% slower in comparison to any 6 core from the last 2 years.

And modern software such as what you'll use for editing video/audio isn't going to like that.

It has a gpu, bonus. Should be able to get $400ish out of it used. Dump it for whatever you can get. And do some research around your software requirements. Most likely a Ryzen based A series APU with Vega integrated graphics will be your best bet.

Solution
Apr 2, 2021

And modern software such as what you'll use for editing video/audio isn't going to like that.

It has a gpu, bonus. Should be able to get $400ish out of it used. Dump it for whatever you can get. And do some research around your software requirements. Most likely a Ryzen based A series APU with Vega integrated graphics will be your best bet.
Thank You! Very Informative and Great idea