I need a monitor... help me?

TSK-REAPER22

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Hey all tomshardware users.... so im building a new pc to go along with getting a new room and all and it was going to be a $4k build using the ROG Swift but i had a realization that that probably wasnt going to work as i also play on console... that being said the ROG Swift doesnt have multi-input support and is really only made for hardcore pc gamers who arent going to switch so tomshardware i ask you what option of these 3 is best... the ROG Swift with an HDMI switcher (preferred if possible) and just change as needed, buy a whole second monitor (LEAST PREFERRED OPTION), or get a different monitor in which case what would you recommend that is 1440p or 4k that can play both systems? Thanks! Also, yes the computer can handle pretty much all displays out today so no performance issues.

Solution
Most monitors should work fine with your game consoles. You wouldn't see any benefits of the high speed LCDs with a console though. Did you already buy the swift? If so, go with it man, you have the best gaming LCD on the market right now. I do see the issue though, only one DP and no HDMI ports. You would need a display port switcher possibly rigged with DP to HDMI adapter. Probably a stupid question, but why not just run your console on your TV?
Most monitors should work fine with your game consoles. You wouldn't see any benefits of the high speed LCDs with a console though. Did you already buy the swift? If so, go with it man, you have the best gaming LCD on the market right now. I do see the issue though, only one DP and no HDMI ports. You would need a display port switcher possibly rigged with DP to HDMI adapter. Probably a stupid question, but why not just run your console on your TV?

Solution

TSK-REAPER22

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014

Dont have a tv and i could buy a separate tv but thats reallllly a problem with my setup... thanks for the help tho!!