i need a Motherboard with USB3 connections compatible with Intel i7-870 CPU

Carlos2109

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Hello Comunity.

I need some help from the Experts.
This is my Problem.

I bought a "Gaming" HP Desktop from a guy at the Facebook Store. I will not post the Price because I think is a joke now after what happened to the computer but Anyway

Here are the Specs:

Motherboard:Unknown(Factory)
Processor:Intel Core i7-860
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5570
Built in WIFI Antenna
Storage:1TB HHD plus an Additional 500GB for storage

Literally 4 days After the purchase, the PC won't turn on, I opened the side panel, and I saw that every time I pressed the power button, ALL the fans would spin for one second and then they will stop. After trying all from Checking the RAM, resisting the BIOS by taking out the battery and let it stand for an hour, put it back in, changing the Power supply. I got no luck, the only thing that I noticed is that if I unplug the 4 pin connector everything works but I have no display.

I realize that the Motherboard could be the problem. So I decided to build my own Computer, but I'm using some stuff from the old one like CPU, WiFI antenna, RAM, DVD Drive. With that in mind I got some stuff ready to buy like:

•PC Case(ATX, mini ATX compatible)
•Gigabyte GT 420 Graphics Card
•A new Power supply EVGA 500W
•A Blu-Ray Drive
And a small SD Card Reader with 3 USB 3.0 (it is the size of a Floppy Disk unit)

And here is my favorite part of the story.
The motherboard I selected does not have any USB3 connectors to power the unit, so those 3.0USB will be useless without to mention that the PC case has one USB 3.0 on top, but I'm not sure if it uses the same connection to the motherboard in order for it to work, the SD card reader is connected by the USB2 connection so I don't have any problem with that.

What motherboard Selection do I have to power that unit? If possible less than 100 USD
And also with enough SATA connections to connect 2 HDD and 2 Optical Drives?

Solution
I would probably see if I can get a warranty from that seller first...

Anyhow, just don't buy a GT420. You'll have a hell of a time playing games. And apparently, there are motherboards for the i7-860 with USB 3 but there are none on sale, even used.
I would probably see if I can get a warranty from that seller first...

Anyhow, just don't buy a GT420. You'll have a hell of a time playing games. And apparently, there are motherboards for the i7-860 with USB 3 but there are none on sale, even used.

Solution