Question I need a multi input player for multi PC's

jester70

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I have a multi computer home office / gaming and theatre setup and I need to simplify my audio setup. I'm a noob with audio stuff, so bear with me. I don't know what I need here.

I need to connect 2 computers via Aux cables and one via Spdif, so three total inputs. Two Spdif inputs would be optimal, but not a dealbreaker. I only need to be able to play one input at a time and I need to be able to switch between them easily. I would like this setup to be able to have a subwoofer and play in surround sound when I go into theatre mode. There needs to be a headphone output as well but the speakers will be the output 95% of the time. The main thing I need is easy switching between the three. The other part is I would like it to sound really good.

I would really like this to be an all in one unit. Right now I have 3 seperate systems and i have too many wires and power cables going everywhere. I can spend a little money but I don't want to venture into audiophile territory.

Thanks for helping, sorry I don't know exactly what I'm asking for.

jester70

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Yeah. Receiver, Amp, Dac... I need something to send it all to. I have no idea which one would be best and I have yet to find something with multi Aux ins and a spdif.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the details and requirements: maybe an audio mixer of some sort?

Sketch out a diagram of the desired/requirements showing all devices, ports, port types, and cables.

Use the diagram as a guide to identify mixers that may suit.