thesolidm

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I am looking to buy a graphics card to play DayZ(mod for ARMA II). I have done some research but I still cant find a graphics card that seems right. I am looking to spend around $100 but all suggestions are welcomed.

My PC specs are:

Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
the current graphics are Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family

the ECS 945GCT-M3 Motherboard has PCIe x16, PCIe x1, and PCI conventional ports.

I am not sure what wattage the power supply is but I can upgrade that if need be.

The main problem so far is that I apparently have Shader Model 2 so ARMA II wont run at all. Any suggestions to help me out are greatly appreciated.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
To find out your psu details, power of your pc, disconnect the wall socket, remove your pcs' side cover and all the details will be listed on a sticker on the side of the power supply. All we really need to know is the make and model, we can google it from there.
As far as ARMAII goes, a quick look at it's recommended system requirements reveals that an nvidia 8800GT or Radeon HD4850 with 512MB of VRAM of better is required, so finding one within your budget shouldn't be too difficult (once we know what your psu is)

merandos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
The suggested 7750 is the best you can get due to your CPU bottlenecking issues....it will also deliver nice playable FPS, but you should OC your CPU a lil bit higher so you need a decent CPU cooler

thesolidm

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
So i just checked inside my computer and my psu appears to be some sort of chinese trap. The only things I saw about wattage were:
"+3.3v and +5v total output not exceed 110w
at ambient 25 degrees celsius total output power shall not exceed 250w
at ambient 50 degrees celsius total output power shall not exceed 212w"

so would it be around 250-300 watts?

EDIT: Brand is LiteOn