Question I need a powerfull VM that can handel a game caled POE

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Hi

I try'd vmwear player and the game does not run well. It only shows a fraim about every 1/3 of a sec, Any one know if the windows 10 Hyper-v (or some name like that) works good for games ?

tippythop

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I don't believe vmware virtual machines are really designed for gaming in mind I don't think it would be wise to do that. The only thing I can think of is vmware workstation which has better 3d support. But even then you're not really gonna get modern games to run well on a virtual environment.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi

I try'd vmwear player and the game does not run well. It only shows a fraim about every 1/3 of a sec, Any one know if the windows 10 Hyper-v (or some name like that) works good for games ?
One of the problems with Hyper-V is that it does not pass audio from the guest to the host.
So if your game has any sound, you won't hear it.

Other considerations are the specs of the host, and what resources you devote to the VM client, and what the game requires.

Finally, as mentioned above, gaming is not really the best choice to play games with.
Why the VM?

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
One of the problems with Hyper-V is that it does not pass audio from the guest to the host.
So if your game has any sound, you won't hear it.

Other considerations are the specs of the host, and what resources you devote to the VM client, and what the game requires.

Finally, as mentioned above, gaming is not really the best choice to play games with.
Why the VM?
I don't care about sound.

I cant find any app's that let me have 2 deferent cursers at same time. So I have to go with VM so I can use 2 deferent mouses at same time. I have try'd 2 deferent companys and many deferant releases. I might have to try a full payed one.

USAFRet

Titan
I don't care about sound.

I cant find any app's that let me have 2 deferent cursers at same time. So I have to go with VM so I can use 2 deferent mouses at same time. I have try'd 2 deferent companys and many deferant releases. I might have to try a full payed one.
2 different cursors (control sets) is a whole different thing than just a VM.
If you want two different control sets, then ask about that.

The term you're looking for is multiseat. Which may or may not involve a host and a guest in a VM.
Watch here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
2 different cursors (control sets) is a whole different thing than just a VM.
If you want two different control sets, then ask about that.

The term you're looking for is multiseat. Which may or may not involve a host and a guest in a VM.
Watch here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk
I just bring up the multiseat thing just to clarify that I can't use that option due to nun of the non full versions working. Thay way to expensive(hundred's $) for the full versions. So I'm hoping I can find a good vm that can handle its own set of mouse and keyboard + any mmorpg game. Look's like I might just have to build a second pc. Or like the video to multi toon a game.. I also trying to advance my dexterity and visual/virtual perception. ;)