[SOLVED] i need a small help guys

Apr 1, 2019
Hey Guys i have a question i hope i got the right answer from you

6 days ago my desktop stop working without a warning !
----- im already post a topic on my last problem ( find it here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/problem-with-my-pc-desktop-wont-start-at-all.3466730/ ) -----
after i use a special liquid to wash the motherboard and i changed my PSU ( 420w ) with new one 300W ,,the pc started working
so i think that the problem was on the PSU ( 420W )

so my question : the psu 300W is good enough with my PC, or its cause problem if i keep use it ,, ( specification blow )
____
My pc
specification is :

MBO : Asus H-61
CPU : i7 3770
CPU fan : mars gaming MCPU1
GPU : GTX 1050 Ti ( don't have 6 pins )
PSU: changed from dead one ( 420w) to other one ( 300W )
CASE : Nox Hummer TG RGB

notice : Temperature of the city may go from 20C° - 55C° in summer
thanks

Solution
No, your CPU and GPU will not overclock themselves. Your CPU cannot overclock and your GPU cannot be overclocked without extra software. If you aren't going to overclock, it should work. You can use the cpu and gpu normally at stock clocks.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Is this what you used to clean the motherboard?

As to the PSU, I was interested in the make and model so I could see if it had sufficient specs to run the system you have. Not all "300W" PSUs are created equal. The capacity of the +12V rail is one of the main things to consider when driving loads like the GPU, CPU, etc.

How hard would it be to temporarily replace the new PSU with the old 420W? Or is it dead? You wouldn't have to physically remove/replace the 300W; just re-connect the necessary cables from the 420W temporarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrobot14
Apr 1, 2019

As to the PSU, I was interested in the make and model so I could see if it had sufficient specs to run the system you have. Not all "300W" PSUs are created equal. The capacity of the _12V rail is one of the main things to consider when driving loads like the GPU, CPU, etc.

How hard would it be to temporarily replace the new PSU with the old 420W? Or is it dead? You wouldn't have to physically remove/replace the 300W; just re-connect the necessary cables from the 420W temporarily.
1- i tried the old 420w but not working , only start a small " light " on other motherboard but no fan working even the fan of the PSU 420w ,,,
2-

As to the PSU, I was interested in the make and model so I could see if it had sufficient specs to run the system you have. Not all "300W" PSUs are created equal. The capacity of the _12V rail is one of the main things to consider when driving loads like the GPU, CPU, etc.

not the same liquid i wil send you the name in frensh called ( jepitaire ) dont know the english name or what it called in your country
the old psu420w not working i tried it with PC core 2 duo but not working only a small light on the motherboard but no fan is working even in he PSU it self

i can't take a new PSU 550w,,
but lets think i keep use the 300w ,, and i creat a havy load on the whol pc ,,? USAG of CPU and GPU 99% ,,, whaat could happen??

and with time ,,? the psu will damaged only or it will make damage the other components??? or what could happned?
____

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019
Agree with this
300 watt with a GPU is practically risking your systems components
Voltages behave differently with time and usage requirement
Might aswell get a new 500 to 550 watt or a 750 watt if you want to future proof
i can't take a new one ,, lets think i keep use the 300w ,, and i creat a havy load on the whol pc ,,? USAG of CPU and GPU 99% ,,, whaat could happen??

and with time ,,? the psu will damaged only or it will make damage the other components??? or what could happned?

Mar 31, 2019
i can't take a new one ,, lets think i keep use the 300w ,, and i creat a havy load on the whol pc ,,? USAG of CPU and GPU 99% ,,, whaat could happen??

Yes indeed it can damage other components aswell you can also search google and people have reported these things so might want to reconsider to a 500w atleast

Apr 1, 2019
Yes indeed it can damage other components aswell you can also search google and people have reported these things so might want to reconsider to a 500w atleast
but if you look for GTX 1050Ti they recommanded 300w without anyproblem,,, so you mean the 300W may cause problem in after years of usage???

i

yes i used the website b4 thats why i think 300w its good enough but it cause damag or no i don't know

What is the brand/model of the power supply? If it's a good quality 300watt one and it's working now, should be OK. If you are using some cheap brand one, I would replace it.

Sounds like you want someone to tell you the power supply is fine to agree with what you got rather than actually look for opinions since every time someone said you should get a different power supply you started to give other ideas.

Apr 1, 2019
What is the brand/model of the power supply? If it's a good quality 300watt one and it's working now, should be OK. If you are using some cheap brand one, I would replace it.

Sounds like you want someone to tell you the power supply is fine to agree with what you got rather than actually look for opinions since every time someone said you should get a different power supply you started to give other ideas.
no for now i can't buy a new one all i want is the 300W can damag the other components if i use iit for exempl for ( 4 months? ) until i get a new one ,,
for the PSU ( is 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFED )

thanks ,, but dud im not looking for positiv opinion LOL ,, just i don't want to damag the components of the pc in this months and i don't want to stay without a pc ,, cuz i can't more then that psu

FSP makes good power supplies. I think that while a decent quality 80+ gold 300 watts may power the I7 and 3770, you will be just scraping by. I wouldn't advise any heavy overclocking. If you are ever having power supply issues, I would buy a 400-watt minimum for a decent GPU like a 1050ti.

Apr 1, 2019
FSP makes good power supplies. I think that while a decent quality 80+ gold 300 watts may power the I7 and 3770, you will be just scraping by. I wouldn't advise any heavy overclocking. If you are ever having power supply issues, I would buy a 400-watt minimum for a decent GPU like a 1050ti.
yes but if i understund you,, overclocking, you mean,, i will not overclocked my cpu or gpu????
cuz i didn't ever overclocked them at all ,,,
or its possible that they will overclocked by them self?

cuz i use the gpu and cpu ,, like the 1st time no overclocking at alll

for now is this PSU will make my CPU and GPU work without problems?????

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019
No, your CPU and GPU will not overclock themselves. Your CPU cannot overclock and your GPU cannot be overclocked without extra software. If you aren't going to overclock, it should work. You can use the cpu and gpu normally at stock clocks.
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks ,, i will use it for now ,,andd later i will change it
and for overclocking,,, i will not overclock no cpu no gpu,,, i don't need that much of graphiq,,,
thanks dud ,,

Reactions: NightHawkRMX