Aug 4, 2013
Hello

I currently have a good computer :

XPS 8300
16gb ram
i7
Radeon 7870 2gb Graphics card
650w PSU

I upgraded it to its max but its not performing now that i only have 200gb storage left and I deal with big billboard signs over 5gb each.

I am a graphic designer and i need to work on big files in photoshop etc.

My suggested next pc is the xps 8700 custom
which has

32gb ram
i7
a 5 x better graphics card dell told me.
Link to computer: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-8700/pd
(They told me is the best computer then dyo)

I know some may say build your own but I only have knowledge of replacing PSU, graphics card and some ram.

Help! =). Is this computer good enough you think and will it last. Or do you have an alternative??

For what you need, you got. No need to buy a new system. If your video card isnt cutting it, upgrade, if you dont have enough RAM, buy more. There is very little difference between even first gen i7s and current gen. Are there differences? Sure. But in most cases they are kinda minimal. And if you have a 2600 or more modern i7, there will be zero benefit to upgrading. Cept for Dell.

FlewDesigns

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013

I cant upgrade ram, 16 is the max for this machine dell told me. and this new computer has 3tb space. im not a computer genious but it must be better surely... My current machine is running so slow. I have deleted evrything i can and cleaned disk etc. Still slow. not really asking for a fix. wondering on the best computer i can buy.